Morning sickness??

Kim

Reaction score
Hi all

Can someone tell me what it will be like if/when I get morning sickness. Does it gradually build up or do you all of a sudden come over queezy? Do you just wake up one morning and feel sick?

I am expecting that mine will start in the next few days if I am going to get it, but would just like to know what to expect.

Thanks a lot

hi Kim, there is no set way for morning sickness to start, its diffrent in every person
on my first, the day i found out i was pregnant (7 weeks) i started feeling very sick, it lasted till i was 14 weeks, it was horrible!

on my second, i felt a bit queezy the week before i found out i was pregnant, thats what made me do a test, then it went and i never had any more

this time i have felt a bit sick before i had a positive test, and now its gone again.

if you do start feeling sick, best thing to do is, in the mornings, try not to get out of bed to quick, give yourself a chance to wake up, ginger nut busciuts helped me alot with my first, i would have one before i got out of bed in the mornings.

my first was a girl, very sick, second was a boy, no sickess, i have no sickness this time so im hoping i am carrying another boy, but saying that, it could start up again at any time.

good luck x

Hi,

I've been really really lucky and just got away with about two weeks of actual morning sickness. In my 5th week I started feeling really painfully hungry in the afternoons and tried eating more which just made me feel really uncomfortable until I realised at the beginning of 6th week that this was actually morning sickness not hunger! From 12 midday unless I ate something every hour I felt like my stomach was disolving itself- like major hunger nausea. All I needed though was one cream cracker an hour and I could keep it at a bearable level. A small bit of root ginger in hot water also really soothed it as did ginger nuts. It was worst at 3-5pm but lasted until I went to bed. I actually only threw up once and that was after a really long day where I'd been in a meeting in the evening where I'd had squash (which was acidic) and no crackers for three hours.

Funnily enough my Mum had it at exactly the same point for the same amount of time at the same time of day with both me and my brother so maybe it's something that runs in familes I don't know...?

Hope you escape entirely, if not lightly! Not all women get it :)
+++

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back