did your baby loose weight straight after birth?

Dee1985

Reaction score
do most babies lose weight after birth? i always thought thay did?

Harley was 6lb when he was born 3days later he weighed 6lb 3oz today now 8days old he weighs 6lb 8oz, i was well empressed..

after all the stress and bullying the midwife gave me with Dior, she was only 5lb 5oz when born i begged and begged that she could come home with me i promised to feed her every 2hrs and with in one week she went dont to 4lb 5oz midwife kept saing that if she didnt put weight on they would take her bk to hospital...

so im sooo happy Harley has gained weight even the midwife was shocked

oh and i got him registered today

Harley Rio 8)

Ella lost .5oz to begin with, then just got fatter and fatter and fatter. Record weight gain for her was 1lb 2oz in a week :shock:

Hello, my lo only lost half an ounce then piled it on as fast as he could!! like you i was really surprised as i thought he'd lose at least a few ounces.

x

Seren lost a little bit but was back to her birth weight at 6 days then piled on the pounds and went up one centile. Now she has slowed down.

Phoebe lost weight after she was born too.
Was back to her birth weight at 2 weeks old :lol:

It's perfectly normal :lol:

eva was 7lb5 when she was born and 1 week later she was 7lb9! she's a little chubber :D

Aimee lost loads was 8lb5 and went down to 7lb but thats because she was not feeding well & sick loads.
If they are low birth weight iv heard they dont loose alot if any...
well done u and little Harley, you must be pleased

Naomi was 5lbs 8oz at birth and went right down to 5lbs. She's still not a very fat baby, but has tripled her birth weight! Most weight gain in a week...12 oz!

Sue

Coby stayed the same the first week then gained

xxx

Kacy was 7ibs when born then went up to 7 ibs 2 then went down to 7 ibs.

Brooke was 4lb 11 at birth and she went down to 4lb 8 then 4lb 4, she then gained after that!

Hi

Kiara was 9 6' at birth then went down to 8 4' and left the hospital at 8 8'.
Good job Harley though for gaining weight very good!!
Katrina

Rubie weighed 6lb 9oz at birth and went down to 6lb 2oz, I think it took her a couple of weeks to get back to her birth weight.

Rebecca hasn't lost wait at all yet. *lb 8oz when she was born then went to 9lb 3oz-she was feeding 3oz every 40 mins at the beginning! :shock:

Now at 12 weeks she is 14lb 3oz, I don't want her to be a hef, I was skinny up until I fell pregnant! :(

Charlie was 6lb and went down to 5.6lbs i think, it took her a week or so to put it back on.
Well done Harley

bayley went from 6lb 7 to 6lb
well done harley :clap: :clap: :clap:
luv braiana xxx
ps he has the same middle name as my bubs if its a boy lol

ps he has the same middle name as my bubs if its a boy lol

lol, i so badly wanted to call him Rio, but my partner wasnt having any of it, i said "fine can he have it for his middle name" he said "no"
but we went to register his birth and as far as kris new Harley wasnt having a middle name untill the ,ady asked and i said Rio lol kris just gave me a dirty look :lol:

so i sort ov got my own way

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back