Dentist :-(

gemlouise

Reaction score
Hi Girls,

I’m due to go to the dentist for a filling next week but just rang the dentist and they said they can’t give me an anaesthetic.
Has anyone had a filing without been given the anaesthetic? I think I’m going to cancel it because it’s going to hurt.

xx

ouch! No I haven't ever had it and don't think I would fancy it either :(

Had it a few times as a child, as where I come from you don't get an anaesthetic for a filling, only for bigger procedures. It does hurt, but it is survivable.

I have, it's not really that bad. I don't even deal that well with pain, but it was bearable.

I had a filling the other week he gave me a weaker anaesthetic but as someone who hates the dentist I wouldn't recommend it

Oh no i think il give it a miss. I dont like the dentist at the best of times, Il ring tomorrow and cancel it. The filling will have to wait untill March,lol.

x

I think it's probaby best, if only to avoid the stress at this time :hug:

a girl i work with hates needles so refuses an anesthetic. She said she finds it fine! But, I wouldnt fancy it myself! Could they maybe give you a temporary filling? like those packs you get out of Boots that you fill in your tooth yourself. Maybe they can pop some filler in without having to dig out the bad bit first.

They should be able to do a temp filling.
Hope you get sorted. x

i had my tooth out recently and they gave me some sort of anaesthetic. dunno if it was a weaker one though all i know is after the jab i didnt feel a thing. not till after it wore off though :-s hope it goes well though and i agree with the others ask if your nervous ask for a temp one dont need any extra stress x

I always have fillings done without anaesthetic as I hate the numb feeling. I don't find it any worse than biting on something cold.

my mum never gets anything always goes without pain relief :) xxx

Il ring the dentist and see if they can put a temp one in. I don't fancy getting it done without the anaesthetic. If not il have to get it done in March.

Thanks for your advice ladies
Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back