Dentist...

SmallPurpleCat

Reaction score
I had my wisdom teeth out just before I got pregnant and I now need 2 fillings in the teeth that were next to them. I've been putting it off until I got to Tri 2 but I still don't feel very comfortable with the idea of having the anaesthetic (although the dentist assures me it's fine) and just the general stress/anxiety of the treatment.

I'm not in any discomfort with the teeth concerned and so am thinking about putting it off for as long as I can...

I'm supposed to be going next week but am on the verge of cancelling it.

What do you think?

Thanks

get it over and done with, if the dentist says its ok im sure it is xx

It's fine get them done Hun if not you could get an infection in them and have no option anyway x

I work in a dental surgery, the anaesthetic is fine, some dentists don't like to use amalgam when your pregnant, if your concerned ring up and ask them to speak to the dentist for you. They may say you can leave it til after you've had your baby, if the fillings aren't urgent, but you do have to weigh it up if they think you may have toothache in the meantime x x

Last edited:
I'm having fillings done today x my teeth don't hurt but they'll just get worse and worse x my dentist hasn't mentioned anaesthetic yet and I wouldn't be bothered if he didn't use any x wish me luck though-I hate dentist visits x

It's just that one of my pregnancy books said that dentist might tell you that it's fine but it's best to leave it till after you've had the baby if possible...

I'll ring my dentist and have a chat with him.

Thanks for your replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back