Teeth

moomoo192

Reaction score
Is anyone suffering with their teeth due to their pregnancy?

Just wondered if it was just me or if it was something to do with carrying girls too

When i'm pregnant my teeth always break, chip, crack whatever and its generally when i'm eating stupid things like crisps or cake.

With dd#1 they suffered so bad i had fillings galore, with my 2 boys i did have the odd problem but nothing major, this time i'm expecting another girl and they are breaking like there's no tomorrow.

I eat quite a bit of dairy stuff and drink at least 2 1/2 pints milk a day...and they say milk is good for teeth and bones :think: i think mine must have all gone to my bnes and missed my teeth :rotfl:

The one good thing that has come from it is, i asked my dentist aboout caps etc and he said i can have all my back teeth capped and my front teeth porcelain veneered as its free for me but he'll still get paid so i can look forward to a nice white smile again :D woohoo

Not had any problems so far...

Veneers for free? Is that with the exemption card? :shock:

Bleeding gums have been my only prob, thanks to hormones! Dentist recommended Cordysol (something like that!) mouthwash for gingivitis. Hopefuly teeth problems should end once pregnancy is over. :wink:

The baby will drain all the goodness from your body esp calcium, so it is crucial that you ask your obste. to write you a prescription for calcuim tablets (calcuim lactate). Unfortunately drinking lots of milk isn't as good as you think it maybe durinbg a pregnancy, this can cause you to become lactose intolerant in a majority of cases.

Keep up your vit c intake too and try to stay away from sweet things. It is important that you see a dentist also. The first 3 months and the last 3 months are the times that some dentists can not do much to your teeth, as this can have an effect on your LO.

At the weekend one of my teeth chipped really badly...it just fell out when I was eating :( And I have never had any problems with it before :(

Ladies,

your teeth will fall apart with no explaination now, this is your LO sucking all the goodness out of you! (something you can remind your child when they are 16yrs old and moaning)

The last 3 months of the preg, the dentist won't want to do anything to your teeth, apart from a temp filling. So, before you hityour 7th month mark, get that free dental treatment trip xxx

Just bleeding gums for me... It looks like a battle scene from Braveheart every time I brush my teeth....and I've had them cleaned twice... It's horrible... and my gums are terribly sore.... :cry:

i'm like you squig - am trying to floss every day but it looks like a massacre in the bathroom sink when i do...

DebbieM said:
Veneers for free? Is that with the exemption card? :shock:

yep..free :D :D

Josephine-beth
thanks for that info, i might see gp about the calcium supps. I didn't know about the dentist not doing anything in the last 3 months, mines seen me whenever i've needed him to but maybe it was cause it was just fillings. Also the exemption lasts till baby is one year old so theres no rush for me lol i'm not looking forward to the njections anyway :shock:

Touch wood I have been really really lucky and had no problems with my teeth so far. Bloomin good job really cos I cant get an appointment with a Dentist for love nor money!

You watch. I will be got back - I'll wake up tomorrow and all my teeth will have fallen out!! :shock:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back