Dentist ! bit of a rant !

firstangel

Reaction score
i have always been to a private dentist, as there was no NHS dentist in our town !

A new NHS dentist opened up and I decided to register myself and DH.

Anyway had my first check up today, and went half an hour early as I have a Latex Type 1 allergy and carry adrenaline, and I wanted to explain it to them before I got seen, I told the receptionist about my allergy and she just looked at me in a dase and said I will check with the Dentist !

Anyway got taken for my appointment and said to the Dentist when I went in I have a Latex Allergy and he said, yes its ok I have Latex free glooves, and I said it isnt just Glooves it can be a large amount of your equipment that has latex in including some jags, and handed him an information sheet explaining what items have latex in and and what dont.

He sat and read it for 15 mins, and then had a look in my mouth and said you have some cavities ( which had check up at my normal dentist 6 months ago and I have never had a filling ! and everything is usually fine !!! ).

But I am not willing to treat you has while pregnant it is too high a risk with my Allergy ! he said what he would do was wait till I had the baby, then go back to see him and he would refer me to hospital for whatever treatment I need as it would be a much safer environment for me there and they are equipt if I had an anaphylaxis reaction

So now Im worried about my teeth ! what should I do as the Baby isnt due till Feb ! and thats a long time if I do need fillings??? :think: :think:

Should I go back to my old dentist??? and see what they say?? :think: :think:

incase you dont know about latex allergies heres a wee link !

http://www.anaphylaxis.org.uk/informati ... lergy.html

I went today as Ive managed to take a little section off the corner of one of my back teeth. Was told that they couldnt do much as theres something they cant give you while pregnant (not sure if its the anaesthetic or something in the filling) so my dentist put a little temporary filling and told me to go back in march after Ive had the baby, then she will have another look, take out the temp filling and replace it and then take xrays etc to check all my other teeth.

If you havent got toothache or pain in them then I wouldnt be too worried and if it does start hurting you could always get hold of the emergency dentist at your hospital

hun i wouldnt worry too much as long as your not in any pain you will be ok till youve had the baby :hug:
im on blood thinning injections and my dentist wont do anything for me except check ups untill im off the injections after the baby if anything needs doing urgently i have to go into hospital to have it done xxxxxxx

I've been in constant agony as my temp filling fell out and tried to get a dentist yesterday but no one will touch me cus I'm pregnant.

OH is getting really worried as I've barely eaten for days now because of the pain. I've been using Dentinox teething gel on my gums which helps a bit but am up hospital anti-natal re my diabetes so am going to ask if there is anything that can be done and maybe get referred somewhere.

Labour pains are a doddle compared to toothache so I'm looking on the bright side :rotfl:

If I find anything out I'll let you know x

Sarah xxx

I went in to my NHS dental walk in clinic in town today and told them that the dental surgery would only prescribe anti-biotics and/or painkillers while I am pregnant. The lady there told me that I could be given a temp filling even though I am pregnant, so if you feel that is an option you could have I would speak to the dentist again or ring the NHS direct number and get advice from them.
Good Luck
Sarah xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back