December Mummies :-)

Internal is 100% more accurate. My hospital won’t scan externally before 12 weeks as it’s not accurate as the baby is so small. Also in early scans my dates have always been out and then at 12 weeks gone to what I think they are.
X
That’s what I think as well. Sometimes I wish I didn’t have this external scan as it made me worry maybe for nothing. I just wish I didn’t measure behind and there was a heartbeat

Also this is what I am a bit concerned. So she said she will rescan me (external) on Friday and if there is still nothing than I would need d&c. But maybe there is and it’s still too small? She said that would make 6 weeks on Friday and there has to be something

Also this is what I am a bit concerned. So she said she will rescan me (external) on Friday and if there is still nothing than I would need d&c. But maybe there is and it’s still too small? She said that would make 6 weeks on Friday and there has to be something

Are you abroad? Can you wait until you get home & speak to your midwife/epu before having a d&c? My babies were 6 weeks when we had our scan, only the sacs & yolks could be seen externally, they couldn’t see foetal poles or heartbeats until they did an internal. I hope that gives a bit of hope xx

I wouldn’t have the d&c wait until your home. Most hospitals will get you to wait two weeks and it would in an internal scan x

Hiya at least you saw a heartbeat. Was it an internal scan? Mine one was external and no embryo seen. That’s why I am worried. I woke up this morning still no nausea but sore boobs are still there.

It was an external. I’m now stressing about taking the progesterone. Would have no qualms about taking it if a blood test showed low levels. However, I’ve not had one blood test and the spotting was so tiny (if it even was spotting and not a nick from shaving) that I’m so worried about taking it if it’s not medically necessary. If I was told to in the UK, I would not hesitate x

So I am going to get a second opinion today. I will let you know. It’s just that the cramps have increased in intensity this morning. They are quite painful at times. Anyone have any painful cramps too around 6 weeks?

I am abroad where I was born so my dad is also a doctor and knows the doctors here so I am kind of trusting them.

So I am going to get a second opinion today. I will let you know. It’s just that the cramps have increased in intensity this morning. They are quite painful at times. Anyone have any painful cramps too around 6 weeks?

I’m 7 weeks today & still having very painful cramps, I think it’s normal as things stretch & bed in. I just take some paracetamol and curl up on the sofa with a (not too hot) hot water bottle. I’m pleased you’re getting a second opinion xx

Max, I'm just thread hopping to say that I was given progesterone tablets after a bleed at 24 weeks. I wasn't given a blood test either and I don't think my levels were low, I think I just overdid it with the cleaning the day before. The doctor said they were very safe and I stopped them after 2 weeks so try not to worry if you do take them. But good idea to get a 2nd opinion. And regardless of what the doctor says on Friday I would wait until you are back in the UK to make any big decisions. I'm thinking of you.

@Maximus17
"At 5 weeks into pregnancy things are so small there is very little to see on ultrasound. Even at 6 weeks it can be difficult to see an embryo with some people."
That was off a pregnancy site.

I'm a bit concerned that they're jumping into arranging a d&c, most only accept that as a last resort and only when a loss has been 100% confirmed. Please wait until you get back if it's not going to be that long.

@Maximus17
"At 5 weeks into pregnancy things are so small there is very little to see on ultrasound. Even at 6 weeks it can be difficult to see an embryo with some people."
That was off a pregnancy site.

I'm a bit concerned that they're jumping into arranging a d&c, most only accept that as a last resort and only when a loss has been 100% confirmed. Please wait until you get back if it's not going to be that long.
Totally agree with this, Maximus i don't think you should make an y decision until you are back in the UK regardless of the doctors knowing your family. x

feeling the nausea today now 6weeks and seems to have snuck up on me, hoping everyone else is well today, thinking of you Max hopefully you will get some positive news <3

I just had an internal scan and all better. She saw the heartbeat very slow though and measured 5+6 so still couple of days behind better than yesterday. She also said the yolk sac is quite big in the limit which could indicate chromosome issues but can’t be sure this early. I am soooo happy that I saw something and will go back for check up on Friday. This doctor was so much better explaining things properly. She couldn’t see a reason for cramps but send me for a urine test.

I just had an internal scan and all better. She saw the heartbeat very slow though and measured 5+6 so still couple of days behind better than yesterday. She also said the yolk sac is quite big in the limit which could indicate chromosome issues but can’t be sure this early. I am soooo happy that I saw something and will go back for check up on Friday. This doctor was so much better explaining things properly. She couldn’t see a reason for cramps but send me for a urine test.
that's fantastic news!!! hope you can relax a little now I know when I'm panicked I over think every symptom and it makes everything 100% more heightened, take it easy <3

I’m pleased that everything looked better today.
Yay for a heartbeat :)
My nausea is coming and going. I’ve got my scan next Tuesday just hoping that everything’s ok x

My nausea is coming and going. I’ve got my scan next Tuesday just hoping that everything’s ok x
is your scan private? I really want one but everywhere local is booked up on hubbys days off in the coming weeks :shakehead: looks like it will be more 9-10 weeks ill manage to get us in

I hope your scan will go well
The only thing was that yolk sac measured 5mm and she said that the limit , anything larger indicates a problem pregnancy. I am just going to relax and wait till Friday now. I still have no nausea or any pregnancy symptoms.

is your scan private? I really want one but everywhere local is booked up on hubbys days off in the coming weeks :shakehead: looks like it will be more 9-10 weeks ill manage to get us in
Yes it was but as it’s in another country it’s so cheap and my dad paid for it.

No it’s through the epu as I miscarried last month and had no period inbetween.

I hope your scan will go well
The only thing was that yolk sac measured 5mm and she said that the limit , anything larger indicates a problem pregnancy. I am just going to relax and wait till Friday now. I still have no nausea or any pregnancy symptoms.

So so pleased heartbeat :)

Sorry I not been on my little girl been really poorly ended up in hospital with her and as always it’s viral. Her temp so high xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back