dead arms and pins and needles in bed?

Lynds77

Reaction score
girls, this has happened to me for the past 4 nights. No idea if it is pregnancy related or not though.

I have been waking up in the middle of the night, and whatever side i have been lying on my arm is completely dead!

now i am quite a restless sleeper, so it cant be as if i have been lying on it for too long cutting of the circulation.
we also have a memory foam bed and pillows.

its only my arms too, and once I am awake and move I get pins and needles until the feeling comes back.

anyone else or should i talk to midwife about it? x

Def mention it to the midwife for piece of mind but I do get it if I haven't drank much water! Not easy as we are peeing enough already! X

I get it all the time. I only have to hang my arm out the bed & i get pins & needles a few minutes later.

I cant lay on my arm for 1 minute because the pins & needles kick in - i think it's a definate circulation problem. Hence i am on blood thinner for blood clotting possible sticky blood problem so i would deffo mention it to your midwife.

X

Last edited:
No harm in mentioning it to midwife. I get this occasionally although not had it since I've been pregnant. My whole arm is numb and like a dead weight and I can't move it. I have to pick it up with my other hand to shake it to get the blood pumping again- then the pins and needles set in. It's really weird. One time, I dropped my arm as I was shaking it and cuz I had no control over it, it slumped down and smaked me square in the face!! :)

XX

I wake everymorning with dead arms cos i sleep with both hand under my pillow .... god help me if theres an emergency in the night :lol:

mention it if its unusual for you x

I've been having this too! (Tho nothing like as bad as star) Thanks for asking :)

Xx

I get dead arms every now and then also, more so recently since finding out I was pregnant.

thanks girls. I am actually wondering if its cause my boobs are so much bigger, they are kinda pressing down into my armpit a little?
when i got into bed and got comfy I had a little poke about to see if I was lying on my arms to much and stopping circulation. But only thing on it was my boob!

it didnt happen last night though so not worrying to much. x

I get this occasionqlly too, this morning was particularly bad, couldn't feel my hand for ages! I'm used to it so I didn't think of it as strage? Could well be a circulatory thing xx

Hi girls sorry to intrude but it is preg related and hate I say it but it only gets worse!! Mine started in tri 1 and by my due date I struggled to text an type on laptop and use my hands for a long period of time... I told my consultant who have me a pair of splints to wear over night and thy helped massively! Def mention it to your midwife xx

I've noticed more dead arms/hands when I wake up, but I wasn't sure if it was because I'm waking up more often in the night or just moving less in my sleep as its always happened on and off as I have poor circulation... Interesting to know its possibly a pregnancy thing!

Oh and just to mention mine completely dIssapeared the day Ella was born! X

yeah i'm starting to think its defo a pregnancy symptom for me. i just had a shower and was shaving my legs and the leg that I had up on the side actually went blue!! it looked like i had a massive bruise covering my whole leg and my heel was almost black! eek.

so i do think maybe my circulation is starting to struggle. Will mention it to midwife next time I see her.

Is this why we get the veiny boobs and stuff? My veins are horrible now!!

My big fat pregnancy bible book says this is a lovely pregnancy symptom, unfortunately. There is a big section about all the symptoms we can expect and I couldn't bring myself to read it cos it looked so depressing!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back