Pins and Needles

fruityloop

Reaction score
Hi

I keep waking up in the night with pins and needles in my hands. It isn't because I have been lying on the arm which has the affected hand either. I am confused. It is really uncomfortable.

Does anyone have any idea why this might be or if it is common or even normal?

:hug:

I think that this is carpal tunnel syndrome (sp), pretty common in pregnant women. Wearing splints is supposed to help?

Not sure though, so don't quote me :lol:

yeah sounds like carpel tunnel , mention it 2 ur MW n she shud refer u 2 a physio

I agree with the other 2 hun, talk to your midwife xx

i have it and i told my doctor and i asked if it could be treated and he laughed and said, yeah we just need to take out the baby,.. :x

I wasnt impressed to say the least!! will see my midwife next week so will speak to her about it

cassi said:
i have it and i told my doctor and i asked if it could be treated and he laughed and said, yeah we just need to take out the baby,.. :x

I wasnt impressed to say the least!! will see my midwife next week so will speak to her about it

Ive got it too, i said the midwife but she just smiled and didnt really answer me. She thinks ima moan, im sure of it.

I find it worse when sleeping so I try and keep my hands above my head. I try to jam them between the pillow and head board.

I considered asking dh to handcuff my hands to the top of the headboard but I didnt want him to get the wrong idea :rotfl:

:rotfl: Laura, think he might think you're getting kinky ;)

Hope you get a better response from the MW Cassi, doc sounds a bit out of order! :shakehead:

apparently its the growing baby pushing on some nerves and common in pregnancy, some can get it worse than others i have had it mildly but it comes back if i wiggle my fingers and keep moving, funny sensation though for a while isn't it!! :roll:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back