Please help - pins and needles/numbness in tummy?

Little miss pink

Reaction score
Hi everyone :wave:

I have been havng an odd numbness, kind of pins and needles sensation in my lower tummy at the sides just below my hips.

Does anyone know what this could be or has anyone had it themselves?

I've tried to google it but most of the information is about people getting it in there hands and legs not tummy!

I'm a bit worried so if anyone can shed any light that would be great :hug:

LMP x

Sorry hun haven't had this sensation. I'd say it's probably baby resting on a nerve, though. We all get weird aches. You know that funny pins and needly sensation you get when you bang your funnybone? Like that? That's just a trapped nerve, so maybe that's what this is too? Mention to your m/w or doc next time you see her/ him.

Good luck

Sue

Thanks Sue

I hope your right about it just being nerves etc. But its worring me slightly that noone else seems to have had this :shock: :shock:

My next appointment isn't until February for my 20 week scan which seems so far away.

I just wish i knew what it was - i cannot find HB on doppler either so cannot get reassuraance that way either.

eek!

LMP x

hi hun, i would suggest giving nhs 24 a call if you can't find anything else about it. it could very well be a trapped nerve but i imagine that would bring pain too..

give them a phone for peace of mind, they may tell you to go see your GP then hopefully they could get babies HB for you too :hug:

keep us updated.

sarah xxxx

Hi there

Dont know if its the same thing but i had numbness/tingling sensation in my lower abdomen in early pregnancy. It used to happen in bed when i stretched in the night. I was unsure as to what it was. I wasnt in any pain and the sensation would pass with a few seconds.
If you are worried though i would give NHS direct a call to put your mind at rest.

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back