Dark line but 'low fertility' ?

Birdie

Reaction score
I unexpectedly got a pretty dark line on a cheapy Opk at 6:45pm last night and I decided to back it up with a Clearblue dual smiley test before bed at 10:30pm - which came back with a circle meaning 'low fertility'..... However when I ejected the stick both lines were pretty dark.

This morning I got what I would consider a positive cheapy Opk.... so I'm confused how the CB could have said low (not even a fertile flashing smiley?!) a few hours ago...

Would love your thoughts on this.... I only have a couple of CB tests so was hoping to save them for when I was pretty sure I'd get smileys!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:
On the pic above I realise the test line from this morning doesn't quite look positive but not long after I posted it got much darker... I definitely consider this a positive...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    7.6 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
I've had this too.

I think the cheapies are a bit more sensitive.

XX

Ok thanks Emily - that would explain it. I just tried again with a CB as I got a +opk with fmu on an ic, and it's still showing 'low fertility'...... very bizarre!

Last edited:
I have had a negative digi opk in the morning and its positive in the evening. So even though it says to test once a day, it might be worth doing another later.

I don't bother with the digital ones anyone, as much as there's something very satisfying about seeing that smiley face come up, I'll be sticking with cheapies.

XX

Hi Birdie, hope you don't mind me jumping in, my ic opks don't ever match the test line and never as thick, I would alway double check with a digi. I have un explained infertility due to pcos, digis helped lots and I'm now 5 weeks xx

I know I am crazy late replying to this, but thought it might help for future tests...

The clear blue digi dual hormone takes your first reading as a baseline, and then only looks for an increase, so if the first time you used it was when you had a positive it would never find a peak because there wouldn't be an increase if that makes sense?

You need to use a dual hormone from earlier in the cycle so it knows what is normal for you before it looks for your surge. It's pretty clever actually :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back