What a crappy weekend!!

Vickyxx

Reaction score
Hey Ladies

I have had one hell of an emotional weekend ... where to begin!!!

Thursday - I noticed I had some ewcm so thought I would do an opk out of curiosity, was an asda own brand one, got a nice dark line (positive) :dance: .... Since being diagnosed with pcos I am very sceptical when it comes to opk's as I have had wrong results before . So later that day I decided to do another one this time an ebay cheapie, I also grabbed an ebay cheapie HPT as well just because they were in the same draw!!

So I done the OPK, then done the HPT. The OPK came back positive again, when I checked the HPT I noticed an very faint line :shock: ... got DH to look at it he couldnt see it at first but once the stick had dried he could see it as well :pray: Didnt want to get to excited so I said I would test in the morning with a branded test.

Friday - First thing I done a Clearblue Plus HPT, within seconds there was a cross :faint: the second line was very faint and thin but def there, so told DH and we read the instructions and it said that "if one of the lines that makes up the cross is lighter or darker than the other the result is "pregnant" :dance: ... I couldnt believe it .. best day ever!!!:cloud9:

Friday PM - Decided to do another cheap OPK and HPT, this time OPK was positive but HPT wasnt, I thought I could see something but it was soooo faint!!

Saturday - Done another cheap OPK, again positive!! :eh:

Sunday Morning - Done Clearblue Digital - NOT PREGNANT .... I was gutted!!:sad:

Sunday Afternoon - Done a FR OPK ... Negative!!

Today - Done a FRER test - Negative :cry:

I honestly thought we had done it, I even had some symtoms, tummy cramps, sore boobs, ewcm, dizziness .... I feel like a total fool as well as feeling totally deflated!!

I wanted to post this on here as a warning to all you ladies who use CB plus tests, dont trust them. I done some research online and it seems this has happened quite a few times :trouble:

I am going to phone CB tomorrow and give them one hell of an ear bashing :strangle: .... I bought CB as I thought they were a trusted brand name, instead all I got was a whole lot of heartache!!

I have attached a picture of the test, it isnt as clear now as it was because its a few days old but I think you can still see the line.

Sorry for the long post ladies, just wanted to give you all a heads up as I wouldnt want to wish this on anyone ... my advice stick to FRER tests!!

9rp14z.jpg

i can defo see a line... how far PO are you? did u use FMU on sunday onwards?
hope its a shy :bfp: for u! xx

I dont have a clue where I am in my cycles, having pcos means I cant monitor my cycles, never know when I am going to get one, when ovulation is going to occur .. nothing!! Everything is a guessing game which makes it so frustrating!!

I am pretty sure now that I am not pregnant, if I was then it would of shown up on the other tests.

Yeah I used FMU ... sadly I feel like a bit of a veteran when it comes to the whole TTC malarky, I have been doing it for a while now!!

Thanks Vicky. Im sorry for all your heartache! That sounds so frustrating! I bought First Response OPK's for this month. Not getting a hpt till I feel I really will get another bfp as it is such a nightmare to get a BFN!

I can def see a line. Will keep my fingers crossed for you that , even tho u used a frer, maybe its a little early and will show in a few days. Are you goin to test again?

I doubt I will test again, after looking online it seems these tests have a bad reputation for giving false positives!!

id be absolutly gutted if that was me.....and im glad ur ringing them up!!
still.. ur not out yet! got my fingers crossed for u babe xx

Last edited:
I've had the exact same problem with those!!!! I think blue dye tests should be taken of the shelves!!! There Cack!!

But vicky I'm so sorry they toyed with you :-(

I know how it hurts getting a positive like that when it actually is just a crappy test! Personally I think you should write to them - and attach the picture to prove it - send it recorded as proof they got it .

X

Oh Vicky :(

I'm so sorry...

I can definately see the cross on the CB Plus, the only thing about it to me is that the line looks a bit broken and smudged - i've had those lines on cheapy HPTs that really get you going.

I definately wouldn't expect it to happen on a CB though! :wall2:

Maybe it's OV?

Can PCOS cause your natural HCG levels to fluctuate?

Don't know what else to say really - you have my sympathy because i know just how upsetting it will have been for you :hug:

Ooohhhh I see an experiment coming on!!! Can certain HPT'S pick up Ovulation???

Good shinking Lou Lou!!!

If no BFP next week I'll try it next month x

lol LoopyLou, i meant the positive OPKs indicating that maybe Vicky had ovulated seeing that they don't seem to have indicated pregnancy :)

lol LoopyLou, i meant the positive OPKs indicating that maybe Vicky had ovulated seeing that they don't seem to have indicated pregnancy :)

Doh!!!! I hate being blonde lol !

I must read things properly before opening my gob!!! Or typing in this case!!

Sorry!!!!!!!!!!

LoppyLou, I had a look on their website and they dont have an address you have to call them if you have any questions, would of rung today but they shut at 3pm. Says you have to quote the ref number on the boxes as proof of purchase!!

LouiseB, the line on the test isnt very clear in the pic, it was a solid line just very faint, it came up straight away.

It is possible that I may have ovulated, I had three days worth of positive OPK's (dont know if thats normal) and lots of twinges, plenty of ewcm ... we BD Thursday night and again Sunday night so if it was that hopefully we caught it. It just sucks when you cant trust any of the tests that you use, makes it all so much harder.... as if ttc isnt hard enough!!

So sorry that you had to go through this, must have been awful. Hope you get a true BFP soon.X

Vicky, i'm so sorry this happened to you hunny. i hope you are your OH are ok?? god as if this hasn't been stressful enough for you already!! im really sorry for you hun, sending lots of love xxxxxx

Thanks girls, it does help being able to come on here and get the support and encouragment.

Rang up Clearblue today, stupid woman started waffling on that I could be pregnant and that maybe the tests was more sensative then the digital and I could be pregnant blah blah ... I was having none of that crap, so I told her well I guess the other 4 tests I took must all be wrong as well then as they all said negative .... she was like ohhh ... I said look its pretty obvious that it was a faulty test so I want my money back, what are you going to do about it!!!

She is sending me a pre - paid envelope so I can send them the two tests with a very angry letter attached!!

Doesnt make me feel any better, still sucks ... at least I got to vent some of my anger tho!!

Good on you for complaining though, most people don't bother and that's why companies get away with poor products and service - you go girl *waves arms Oprah style*

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back