Dad to be in peace, seeking advice!

ItsAllGood

Reaction score
Really could do with some advice, wife is 12 weeks with 3rd child. I totally understand with all the illness and general malaise and have been since pretty much week 3 been doing everything in house, with kids and working at same time and have no complaints on this, however, a complaint is the sheer rudeness of my wife for the last number of weeks, I mean is it really all that difficult to speak to your husband? Acknowledge him? Humor him with a response? Any advice? (p.s. remember, we blokes do not know what it is like!!)

oh i know how u feel! my partners been helping with house kids n that loads the now but my one complaint is he doesnt bloody speak to me! about anything!! so no advise there lol. maybe shes just to knackered at this stage to be bothered even speaking?! wont be long till she perks up in second trimester :) xx

Oh dear, I can see how frustrating it must be to be working so hard and be thanked with a grumpy attitude. I dont know what to suggest, any other time I would say talk it through but I can pretty much guarantee youre not going to get the response you'd like. Although you are absolutely doing the right thing, seeing someone else do the job you usually do, must make you feel a bit useless, and she probably hasnt got the energy to do anything about it.

Its hard to explain to men cos you guys dont get PMT either, but I know when I was in the first trimester I felt like i was on the edge of tears all the time. Its probably the closest to depression Ive ever felt. You wake up every morning feeling like youve got a hangover but without the headache. No matter how much sleep youve had you feel like you partied hard until 5am. And the sickness is constant. My OH thought it would be funny to make a wretching noise once for some crazy reason and he was horrified that it actually made me throw up!

Maybe try some affection and cuddles and see if she warms to you a bit. Sometimes when you feel like that you need some prompting to remember that youre supposed to lean on the people you love not battle on your own.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back