D&C done

Cosmogirl7

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

Well that's my D&C done and just recovering. Feeling a bit groggy and wee bit sore down there but generally ok. I've got a bit of bleeding but no where near as bad as I thought it would be.

Can't believe it's all over and my wee baby is away to heaven. Feeling a bit sad and just wishing so much I was holding the wee thing in my arms. I was only 8 weeks but amazing how attached you get.

So onwards and upwards, husband and I are desperate to try again. What can you girls advise on this? Should I count today as CD1? Husband travels a lot for work but he's had to curb his plans the past few weeks because of all my ups and downs so means he pretty much needs to head away for the next 2 weeks so not sure if we'll get much baby making in this month. Think we'll give it a bash this month anyway, just really don't want to wait.

Xxx

Hi Cosmo,

I am sorry for your loss hon and I know it hurts. I was also 8 weeks when I lost mine 5 1/2 weeks ago. I personally didn't try straight away and got my period 4 weeks exactly after my D&C so this is my month for trying.

You may find that you won't fall immediately as you have a lot of hCG still in your system and it took nearly 4 weeks for my tests to go negative. Take your time to heal physically and mentally because as you say you are still a bit sore and I found sex uncomfortable initially and quite painful at times too until I had fully healed.

Big hugs to you hon xx

So sorry again Cosmo, hope your feeling a bit better today. Listen to your body and when your ready, try again. :hugs: x x

Sorry again about your loss Hun, take it easy and test. You'll have up and down days. Here if you need to talk xxx

Sorry again for your loss hun. I counted the day of my D&C as cd1 and ov'd cd21. My hpt was still positive when I ov'd and didn't go neg until after my first AF. I bled like a heavy period for 4 days and then just spotted for a further 9 days, so 13 days in total after my D&C then Ov'd 8 days after it had all stopped. Good luck xx

Ok thanks girls. I think it's good that my husband will be away from Monday for nearly 2 weeks as I'll be sore anyway but will give sex a bash after that as have read a lot of people online saying its pretty sore. Realistically I think it'll be next cycle before we properly try.

Would love to hear from anyone out there who caught straight after mc and everything was ok though? Xxx

Sorry that you had to go through this cosmogirl. I've decided to count the day of medical management as CD1 so I'm on CD17 now. I had a faint hpt two days ago but still spotting. My opk went neg then positive last nite then neg again, doubt I ovulated yet, so I'm just going to keep doing them. I'm aiming high and hoping not to see next af!! Be bloody lucky eh! Hope you're ok take care xxx

Thanks Twixi, still pretty raw for you too then? How you coping? I had a bit of a bumpy ride in tri 1 so actually feel like the weight of the world has been lifted off my shoulders right now. Don't get me wrong I'm absolutely devastated but relieved this part is over.

Have you had sex yet? Any pain? My cycles are usually pretty long, like 35-37 days so think it'll be a good 2 or 3 weeks before I ovulate xxx

Hey Cosmo,
I would count today as cd1 my cycle was really normal after d&c had a period type bleeding for a week then after that started bd. wasn't sore for me at all but I had a very easy experience for my d&c and weirdly felt relieved and a lot happier from the moment I woke up. I think I would bd when you feel ready and if you want to try for this egg then go for it. Hope you're not feeling too sad. Look after yourself xxx.

I'm ok most of the time now, a marked improvement from just a week ago. Don't get me wrong I still get down, even walking past mother care or a pregnant woman. I have/do suffer with depression so I'm very aware of signs I'm going down. I'm actually very pleased with my progress though and defo think my healthy eating is helping, and summertime. I ate so much rubbish when preg and could defo do with losing a stone or two!
I dtd a couple of times last week, everything was fine, I don't know if it's worse after d and c though? I would of been this week too if antibiotics they gave me for 'retained products' hadn't given me evil thrush!! I don't really trust opks as I've never had a proper positive, they always seem questionable, so I just want to cover as many days of the month as poss!
I hope your doing ok, I must admit the worst time for me was three to seven days afterward, I think when my hormones crashed, I was very down and had awful headaches.
Now though, I feel every day is day closer to starting again, I'm trying hard to keep my focus! Xxx

Hi Cosmo. Once again sorry for your loss. I had a MMC last month at my 12 week scan, baby stopped growing 6-7 weeks. I bled for 13/14 days after d&c. Only did one hpt at cd8 and still had a strong positive ��
However, we waited for 2 weeks before we tentatively had gentle sex. It wasn't painful for me but I was very anxious and worried that it would be painful. After that we had sex every couple of days or so hoping to catch straight away.

However, AF has arrived today - what would have been cd34 (usual cycle 30 days so would have ovulated only 4 days later than normal).

I wasn't expecting to ovulate so soon after bleeding stopped.

I'm glad we tried straight away even though we didn't catch. It was my way of dealing with things focussing on the next baby making cycle.

Best of luck. Try when you feel ready xxx

Hey Mrs, glad it went as well as it could and sending you big hugs!! Xxxx

Sending you lots of hugs, hope you and your OH are ok. Thinking of you both x

Michelle x

Oh Michelle how are you doing? I tried to private message you the other day but it wouldn't work. How you been feeling? Xxx

I just feel sad and empty at the moment. It just sucks doesnt it. How about you?

Michelle x

Sorry you have had to go through this hun. All the best for a speedy recovery and good luck when you ttc again. xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back