Cycle confusion :s

Stephanie_18

Reaction score
Havent wrote on here for ages but need some insight.
Well, the OH and myself have been trying for a baby for a while now and everything was running almost like clockwork.
But, the last mentrual cycle i had i was bleeding for 13 days as aposed to the usual 8. from May 6th to may 19th. I put this down to stress mostly but anyways, I have now completelyh confused myself because im thinking about when i would have ovulated (i dont use ovulation tests) and i dont know now weath AF would be due 16th June (Which would mean 3 weeks of no bleeding) or 3rd (4 weeks after first day of the last period.) And ive just even confused myself writing that but i cant get it out of my head if the cycle should be longer because the bleed was longet or if it just means my cycle is the same length. :/

Any answers would be massivly appreciated girls.

I think the cycle should be the same length but if the bleed was longer cos your hormones went a bit wacky then I guess this could have delayed ovulation as well so it might be longer. Sorry that isnt much help.

Lol its driving me insane. We have been TTC for 17 months now but are trying to do it all naturally so it doesnt end up feeling like a routine. Think im just going to have to wait until the 16th. Really hope this is the month. (Well, i hope that every month) But this month feels different. Because the cycle messed up it feels like a sign or something. i dont know, driving my self crazy and i know i will end up testing before the 16th >,< ah well :dance:.
xxx

Oh good luck for this month. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. You'll never hold out till the 16th, if you do your a much stronger person than me. :nopoas:

Haha i know i wont. I give it to the 10th at the most. haha
Hope your ok huni. xx

I can understand you feeling confused about if your still bleeding then how can ovulation be getting closer but the process is hormonal rather than mechanical.

When ovulation happens isn't regulated by your body sensing the uterus lining being replaced, it is triggered by hormones building up from cd1 and regardless of the uterus lining these hormones will build up at a similar rate.

You actually have a condition called menorrhagia and this is typically caused by hormonal imbalance or fibroids.

There must be a reason that your uterus lining either is so thick that it takes ages to shed or isn't being shed cleanly over a normal timeframe.

Pop to the drs Hun, I know your trying to ttc naturally but 17months and a long af would mean I wanted to get checked out. Good luck Hun xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back