Cutting down

El1en

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm currently ebf my 5 month old. I'd like to cut down a little now and get her on a bottle a bit, mainly so I can have a bit more one on one time with dd1.

Anyway, I've started following her evening (6pm'ish) feed with a bottle, she'll usually have a couple of ounces.

To cut down do I just slowly replace one feed at a time? My current plan is to replace this evening feed with a bottle and then replace the lunchtime feed with one and then the morning feed. Ideally I'd like to get to a point where day time feeds are bottle and night time feeds are boob. Is this possible? Sorry I'm a bit ignorant, dd1 was breastfed until 1 so never had bottles

My DS is 7 Months and been EBF, I tried to get him on a bit of water but he can't use a bottle or none spill sippy cup lol, I will be getting a spillable one that he can learn to use.
I found that once he started solids he was BF a little less often anyway, I always offer after food but he's not always interested.
Your LO may take to a bottle unlike my DS, if so I would say just gradually introduce bottle at that time of day, many people mix bottle and boob so it obviously can be done :)

Last edited:
Thanks for replying

We had a few days where she'd have a couple of ounces of formula after her evening feed but she's refusing a bottle again now. Nevermind. It's not something I need to force so I'll maybe keep trying a few more days and if she won't I'll wait until she's having some solids and try again

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back