Expressing?

Rowesb

Reaction score
I unpacked my breast pump and had a play with it last night. Am impressed with it I have to say and after getting over his confusion with daddy giving him some food Toby didn't seem to mind the bottle :yay:

But, when is the best time to express? The instructions say after the first morning feed but Toby feeds every 90 minutes and is awake, so I have no chance! In the evening he constantly feeds and is grumpy so by the time he settles for the night I am knackered! In the afternoons I tend to be sorting the house out or out. I want to increase my supply so I have a freezer stash rather than replace feeds but haven't a clue where to start??

My LO is just over 2 weeks old, so not planning on expressing just yet, but I would be really interested to see the answers to your questions as also have no idea where to start with expressing...havn't even looked at the pump yet, it's a hand one is all I know! ...

I got told it's best to express in the morning, although I found it better in the evening. Have you got an electric pump? You could try expressing on one boob while you are feeding on the other, obviously won't work if you have a manual. Every 90mins, you must be exhausted! Hope you manage to do it, you need a break! Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back