Curing the nasties going around!

Wobbles

Reaction score
HELP! :help:

I've been off since the start of the month but as we do I carried on for starters it was my daughters birthday and that kept me up, since I've felt off but nothing major.

Yesterday OH got up feeling and tbh :lol: looking like **** I was so narky, I though ROAR nice timing as us women do so he stayed in bed all day, it was dinner for just me last night *sob* and off I went to bed. He wasn't fidgeting all night he may as well have been stood bouncing on the bed I was going to kill him so I woke up shattered and then BAM I realised I was fuzzy headed, my head hurts if I cough (which is loads) and I ache :cry:

Had lemsip but it's not doing the trick so I was wondering when your feeling under the weather what helps?

The kids seem happy as ever (the only ones this morning) but I don't want them to catch it ...so much so I've aired all the upstairs and gone through it with a load of dettol :lol:

Sleep... But then I guess that will change with Toby about... :lol:

Hope you feel better soon :flower:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When I have a cold and OH has Man Flu and i need to get on with getting the boys to school and nursery and he lays i bed I find making lots of noise and banging about helps me feel better :)

But seriously, drink plenty and keep dosed up on paracetamol and Ibuprofen to keep your temp down. If you find you get run down a lot, Metatone tonic is good. it's a tonic full of vitamins and stuff and I use it when I am run down and it just gives a bit of a healthy buzz., They sell it at the chemist xxx

I swear by beechams flu plus capsules!! They name you feel almost normal again!

My 7yr old had a cough, gave it to Drake and I have it too now...I'm lying in bed and I can't stop..i've gone through 2 glasses of water and still coughing!! Cough, cough, cough, cough, cough...arrrggghhh!

Sudafed, lemsip, anything that might remotely make you feel better I'd be taking it! Even if its just psychological!
Although this is my 3rd cold in just over a month and because of pregnancy all I can take is paracetamol! So I just wait it out, drink lots of fluids, stay cosy and do as little as possible which isn't always easy when you've got a family to look after. I'm on my own so i can please myself. Have you seen that advert where the two women meet on the street and the both have colds but they're really busy and one of them has a husband who is in bed with the cold? Think that's so true! Us women truly rock!

X

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vitamin c...as soon as I start to feel a little bit off I take 2 dissolvable vit c tablets (500mg each) straight away them repeat 12 hours later and then once a day. I've woke up this mornin with a foggy head thanks to my 4yr old been generous wiv his cold and Idarent take the large dose of vit c but I'm gonna have some warm orange juice instead xx

Wobbles my temp went up to 39.1 last night, couldnt get it down and felt lousy as hell. Had to go and stand in the snow to get it down. I feel heaps better this morning although still very vacant!

Hope you feel better and that you can enjoy Christmas xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back