Cramps starting to scare me

ChloeNat

Reaction score
I know it's normal to have cramps in pregnancy (I've even asked my sister who has 7 kids and been pregnant 9 times if they are normal lol) But mine are really starting to scare me :(. They feel very like my cramps when AF is here.

I've read that cramps (after a BFP) are usually down to uterine stretching... but is it normal for the uterus to stretch during week 4-5? There can't be much stretching to do this early can there?

Really starting to dread waiting 8 weeks for my 12 week scan now. :(

Any ladies had bad cramps and everything been ok?

x

Heya, I had regular, mild cramps in the first couple of weeks, kinda like my period was going to arrive at any second, or weird twingess and pokes and now they have eased off, though I am still getting them occasionally. My early 7 week scan came back normal too. It's a scary time, but it will pass. X

Last edited:
Hey hun

I had cramping quite early on and all was fine. It's your uterus stretching to make room for your bean who is busy settling in!

I'd be more concerned if it was accompanied by heavy bleeding and passing clots.

Know this probably doesn't do much to help reassure you but it is fairly common from reading it on here.

Have you thought about an early reassurance scan privately? Xx

Heya, I had regular, mild cramps in the first couple of weeks, kinda like my period was going to arrive at any second, or weird twingess and pokes and now they have eased off, though I am still getting them occasionally. My early 7 week scan came back normal too. It's a scary time, but it will pass. X

Thanks, I've just seemed to get over the excitement of getting my BFP and now I'm starting to get worried about everything. I might try and convince my doctor to refer me for an early scan.

Hey hun

I had cramping quite early on and all was fine. It's your uterus stretching to make room for your bean who is busy settling in!

I'd be more concerned if it was accompanied by heavy bleeding and passing clots.

Know this probably doesn't do much to help reassure you but it is fairly common from reading it on here.

Have you thought about an early reassurance scan privately? Xx

Thanks hun, just wondering why so much stretching would be happening so early on when beans not that big.

No bleeding and no spotting so I am trying to stay positive.

I am going to try and ask my doctor for an early scan if not I'll see how much a private one would cost x

Put your positive hat on. No bleeding = good!

Not sure if the doctors will routinely do early scans but the epu may, if there has been some cause for concern.

Totally know how you feel. The high of the BFP soon turns to the 12 week worry :( I've hated tri 1! Lol

Chin up, hun, you'll be fine I'm sure :) xx

Hi hon - really sorry you're having this crap too :(

I went to my doc and got an hcg test which can tell you if your pregnancy is progressing normally at least, but it sucks as it's too early to do a scan. I'm going to ask for an early scan too in the next week or so. It's horrible after having been given this amazing gift to think it might be taken away from you so soon... I really hope things turn out well for both of us bump buddy :hugs:xxx

Thanks hun, just wondering why so much stretching would be happening so early on when beans not that big.

No bleeding and no spotting so I am trying to stay positive.

I am going to try and ask my doctor for an early scan if not I'll see how much a private one would cost x

No bleeding is good so keep that in mind.

I doubt your GP will refer you for an early scan to be honest? EPU's are so underfunded and overstretched that they really should be used as an emergency only :shock:

I think a private scan may be the way forward !!

Best of luck and I am sure the cramps are nothing to worry about!

xxxxxxxxx

again like the others have said, no blood = good news....
I still get pains like period pains xxx

I had really bad cramps and pink spotting for a week 4-5 weeks and everything was ok xxxx

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

Hi Hun, I have had cramps on and off. It really is just everything stretching. I had them before I got my bfp and was convinced af was coming but she never showed. I prob had cramps on and off for the first week I knew I was pg.
I have some cramps right now and can feel my baby moving and have heard the heartbeat so rest assured that it is normal.
Tri 1 is very worrying, I was the same and it's only natural when you want something so much. To be honest I'm terrified about my 20 wk scan so I'm not sure if you ever stop worrying!
Anyway good luck xx

I'm really sorry to hear that you're going through this too. I went to the EPU last week with cramping and they did a scan. It didn't really show much though as I'm about a week behind with my dates and so we're going back on Monday. It's been the longest and most difficult two weeks of my life though, and being told constantly by the staff at the hospital that I shouldn't worry, just makes me want to cry. I don't think it's possible not to worry when we're in this kind of situation. I've taken a lot of reassurance from reading all of the positive comments on here though. xx

Hi. I just wanted to let u know that I had terrible cramping in early pregnancy from 4wks until about 8 or 9wks. It was the same as AF cramps, only worse. More painful.
I had a scan at 6+5 and button was there, with a heartbeat.
The midwife told me these cramps were totally normal and not to worry unless I was bleeding heavily.

Its all normal. Worrying yes, but normal :) x

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back