Could I be pregnant?

december

Reaction score
Sorry, I know you must get hundreds of posts exactly like this but I'm a bit worried and also incapable of keeping my problems to myself so I'd like some opinions before I go panicking my friends with this! I'm just trying to work out if it's even possible for me to be pregnant given the ovulation dates etc but it's super confusing, every website seems to say something different :/

My last period (28ish-day cycle) started on October 29th and lasted until November 3rd. On November 9th I had sex with my friend, we used a condom but then he was like inside me without one for a bit.. I was like 'dude, what you doing?!' and he stopped right away. I know I should have taken the morning after pill but it was literally about 2 seconds so I thought what are the chances? 6 days later I had really bad cramps, like period pains, that lasted all evening and a bit of the next morning... I put it down to a hangover as I'd been out the night before but I'd only had a couple of drinks and drinking normally never gives me cramps anyway. On Monday 15th I felt really nauseous and since then I've been insanely tired, like sleeping 10 hours at night and having to take naps during the day. My boobs also feel a bit sore at the nipples. Basically all of that sounds like I'm pregnant and last week I definitely just felt weird, though I don't so much any more.. but according to some websites I've looked at I wouldn't have been fertile enough to get pregnant on that day, and others say this is all way too early to have any symptoms, which makes me think maybe it's all in my head? I took an early response test just now and it was negative, but I don't know if that's because my period isn't due for another 10 days or so or if I'm genuinely not pregnant. I wouldn't have bothered but some websites said that a test should come up positive 6 days after conception? It's times like these I wish I'd taken biology in school... In short, the internet is super confusing and I'd like some opinions from real people with real experience.

I'd appreciate any views/advice, I know I'm just being impatient but I want to know asap.. if I am pregnant I will definitely keep it, so I'd need to decide what to do about uni etc.

haha am loving the " dude what you doing bit "

10days is too early to tell anythin! some people are lucky n summit more of the pregnancy hormone quicker than others ideally wait till 3days before your period to test!

ur body is a weird an wonderful thing takes years to work out! just bare with it all the symptons are soundng good tho :) x

I think it was prob too early in ur cycle to conceive but it is possible. A positive pregnancy test won't show up til after implantation which doesn't happen til about a week after conception xx

Do you get cramping with implantation? I thought that might be what the cramping was, I didn't have any spotting though... not as far as I noticed anyway. Is there always spotting?! And if that was implantation does that mean the test would definitely have been positive? Ohh I am so confused. It's weird as this was just a mistake and Javi (my friend) would probably literally die of shock if it turned out I was pregnant, but now I've got it into my head I really hope I am :/ but anyway I'm blethering, thanks for your replies! xx

Last edited:
From a quick glance at my calendar, you would have been about 11 days into your cycle, so depending on your cycle, you could actually be ovulating...but that would definitely be on the early side. With that said, sperm can swim around for a few days which could have caught up to your ovulation date (if it wasn't on day 11).

In regard to your symptoms, you can have period-like cramps as well as heavy bleeding in early pregnancy. I don't know exactly how common that is, but it is heard of.

In my early weeks, I didn't have any symptoms aside from EXTREME bloat and sore tatas. The bloating was so bad I couldn't sleep on my stomach anymore :( I had never had anything like that, and so that was my first tip-off.

For testing, I would personally wait until the day AF was due, or maybe the day after. But then again I don't tend to have a lot of extra cash lying around, and I didn't want to keep buying sticks! ;)

Best of luck to you!

i think uve tested too early as ive read those early response tests can test up to 6 days early not 10 so there is small chance u could be pregnant. xx :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back