Could I be pregnant even though I had a negative pregnancy test??

Michelle_e

Reaction score
Hello,

I am new to this forum and need some assistance or advice. I used to have Nexplanon and on February 22nd, I finally had it removed. The whole 2 years that I had Nexplanon I had a period. Ever since I can remember, I have always had an abnormal period though. Sometimes I can go a month or two without having a period; other times I can have a period and two weeks after it ends I will start my period again. This makes it difficult for me to track when I should expect my period or when I am ovulating.

I am not currently on any birth control after some horrible side effects I had with the Nexplanon. On February 29th, my boyfriend of 6 years and I had unprotected sex. Then we did again on March 7th and this past Tuesday the 22nd.

A few days after having sex on the 29th I had some light pink bleeding and thought that I was about to start my period but I did not. Since then, every week on Tuesday or Wednesday I have vaginal discharge with blood streaks but I only notice it when I use the bathroom it does not appear on my underwear. Sometimes I will get a weird sharp pain or cramp right along my hip bone on the right side. I figure that has to be something separate though from this. I have been nauseous only once, on the 15th, where I couldn't stand the thought of eating but it was gone later that night. I haven't had any other symptoms like vomiting or sore breasts so I may just be over thinking things.

My last period ended on February 5th so it has been well over 35 days. I took a pregnancy test on the 14th, negative. I took another test last Friday, still negative. I plan on taking another pregnancy test again tomorrow. If I still get another negative should I go to my doctor to discuss this? Or should I just wait to see if my period ever comes?

Thanks,
Michelle_e

I agree. I'm trying to get a referral for similar symptoms without the birth control side. There are so many things it can be, see a good GP and explain you are thinking of getting pregnant if you are, and how difficult it makes it. I have to force mine to do something to help so hopefully you have a good doctor. Fingers crossed

Hi. I would say, whatever, go and see your GP, but coming off any birth control plays with your cycle, whether it was irregular or not in the first place. False negatives are rare, especially if you're using First Response tests, which I and a lot of others swear by.
If you are pregnant, you're extremely 'lucky' depending on what you want as an outcome, as usually it does not happen so quickly, especially after recently having come off birth control.
Good luck and I hope you get the outcome you want from all of this.

I still had a negative pregnancy test. I decided to schedule an appointment with my gynecologist and speak with her about the situation. I figure at the least I will get some helpful information about irregular periods. I will keep everyone updated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back