Cotton tail nappies, woolies

moss

Reaction score
Does anyone have cottontail nappies? I like how they look but they are kind of expensive compared to some.

Also, about wool wraps and longies, etc. I asked this in the other thread but no one noticed. Is it a big pain to have to handwash them or can they go in the handwash cycle of the machine? Also, do they smell when damp? My wool coats stink when they're rained on so the thought of pee soaking to the woolies disturbs me a little! When you have one shaped like a normal wrap, does moisture wick to the outside edges around the legs like with my totsbots wraps? One last thing. I keep reading they're good for overnight. Does that mean they aren't ideal for daytime?

Minxy told me that you just let the wool wraps dry after use and they may need a gentle hand wash every so often but apart from that you don't need to do anything.

If they are ideal for night then they would be even beeter during the day.

Never heard or had any experience of cottontails though

Thanks. So if you can just let them dry, isn't that unhygenic? If pee has soaked through and it just dries on, doesn't it smell after a while? I never knew about woolies before... Sorry for the ignorance!

Never heard of cottontails hun :?

No the wee evaporates as wool lets it breath.

With wool, i just take them off and turn inside out to air and use them again when needed. When they start to smell give them a handwash and lanolise or use the spray one like i do sometimes after the wash. No they dont really smell.

If you use a wooly wash then that has lanolin in sometimes so if they are fully bombproof that's enough to keep them going.

They are not hard work hun, a handwash every month or so does the job here :D

Thanks! I LOVE wool, in a scary way. How it feels, looks, smells (except for when wet). I don't have so many now, but at one point I had built up to something like 65 wool jumpers! I didn't know about wool wraps and things and was excited when I found out about them but wasn't sure because I don't have to lanolise my jumpers! I am definitely going to try a couple.

I got my woolies in the post today from Nicola g (thanks Nicola, they're great!) and I am posting this here because seeing them made me wonder something. If you put your baby in wool short or trousers instead of a wrap overnight (which I hope to do tonight), what do you put on top? I can only think of putting on a tee shirt or longsleeved top, but wouldn't that ride up and leave them with bare tummies? This is probably really obvious but I had to ask anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back