Prefold nappies...help please!

clarey

Reaction score
Can any of you washable nappy ladies help me please? I have just signed up for a months free trial of washable nappies with my local council and they came yesterday and I was shown various folds etc but I dont know if i am doing something wrong or if i have the wrong size....they are prefolds with wraps and however i fold them they are just soooo bulky. I know they are going to be bulkier than disposables but Eva can hardly move her legs lol, she is like a little frog with them stuck out to the side :D
She is just under 15lb do you think she might need smaller nappies or does this sound right?
Thanks in advance!

Becky was 12lb 7 last time she was weighed. She's in cotton bottoms size 2 - they're supposed to do up to 18lb afaik. How do you fold them?

Hmmm those are the folds I was trying, I am already folding the nappy into 1/4 to make it narrower but if I roll it anymore it doesnt seem like it will catch the poo! sorry tmi lol. Maybe I will give the nappy people a ring and ask if there is a smaller size? The wraps fit fine, but just noticed on their price list that 15lb seems to be right on the boundary between sizes maybe these are just too thick? Thanks girls x

Thanks Lisa, yeah I have a couple of shaped ones that are less bulky, it was just that I get this free months trial of a nappy laundering service that I thought might be a good way to break myself into washable nappies without actually having to wash them while I get the hang of it, plus a months worth of free nappies so worth a go :D But they only do prefolds for the freebies....
I have managed to get a narrower fit now which is better and fine for wet ones but not sure how it would stand up to a full on nappy explosion lol OH keeps 'forgetting' and putting her in disposables....half the battle will be converting him never mind folding the damn things! Thanks for you help I may be in touch with Lottiesbotties soon :wink:

Yeah, I can see how that would happen....we are not too impressed either...oh dear this was gonna be my way to convince OH to buy us lots of beautiful washable nappies, is he going to believe shaped ones will be better? Will start a campaign... :wink: :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back