Correcting flat/ inverted nipples

Discussion in 'Breastfeeding' started by Gravidgecko, Feb 18, 2019.

1. Gravidgecko

Gravidgecko Well-Known Member

Hi ladies
    So my inverted nipples made it pretty impossible to feed my 1st baby. I ended up expressing for 5 weeks, feeling like a total failure and nearly losing my mind.

I always knew it would be difficult. Even not pregnant I'm a 34HH, and after Eliza i was wearing a J cup!

I'm already worried things won't work out again this time. I know that as long as baby is fed it's a success. I actually need this for myself, to feel better about having to live with these bloody things. I need them to be functional!

Supply is not an option; i had milk pouring out of me for weeks before she arrived. But is there any way i can correct inverted nipples before my 2nd arrives? I'm only 16 weeks but i know it can take a while.

I did try nipple formers/ cup things last time, but i they were too obvious to wear outside so i was restricted to evenings.

Is there anything else i can do?

2. Gravidgecko

Gravidgecko Well-Known Member

Anyone?
    Really want to get a head start this time

3. Unicorn

Unicorn Well-Known Member

Sorry, I haven't got any personal experience but a friend of mine has inverted nipples and fed little one by using a nipple shield - it's only really thin so not obvious at all and just gave baby something to latch on to xx

Gravidgecko likes this.