Its all about nipples!

tots hope

Reaction score
Ok this is a topic i find really embarrassing and have been wondering about writing this or not all morning! (Stupid i know!)

Anyway here goes, i have always been really sensitive about my breast as when i was younger i had to have a cyst removed from my right breast and a tumor removed from my left (I was really young - less than a year old) There are scars on my breast which i find really unattractive. Im really worried that when it comes to breastfeeding I will be so paranoid about people looking at my breast i will give up before i have even tried.

Im really worried about breastfeeding as i also have an inverted nipple. I have been doing a lot of research this morning and have found something made by Avent called the Avent Niplette.

Has anyone used this at all? Or anyone else got inverted nipples and what did you do to help breast feeding?

I know its not about nipple feeding but wanted to help myself if i could

Thank you in advance.

hiya.. i also have inverted nips.. and have the avent nipplette.. tbh i have found it a waste of money.. you are better off getting nipple shields my midwife lent me nipplette last time.. but couldnt feed just with them.. coz as soion as she would latch on the nipple would go bk in again..

In regards to people seeing the scars on your breasts, personally when I see someone breast feeding I don't stare at their breasts. I am not embarrassed by their breast feeding but I feel it would be inapproriate for me to stare at them. If anyone looks it will be at baby not you. And from what I've seen, you can hardly see any boob because of baby anyway :)
I've been told that muslin squares are great to drape over your shoulder so people can't see.
:hug: :hug: :hug:

In the last week I have watched my sister breastfeed in a restaurant and in a club at a Christmas do

I never saw even a glimpse of her nipple let alone her breast - no one else even realised what she was doing. :wink: No one will be watching enough to notice your boobs let alone any scarring - don't worry :hug:

as the others said, no-one will stare at ur boobs anyway and even if they did they wouldnt be able to see anything! :hug:
sorry i cant help with the inverted nips issue. :hug:
good luck hun :hug:

Ryan scratches me all the time when I feed him, he's got my face, neck, boobs, everywhere has little red marks so people probly think wtf is she into some sort of kinky scratching games or something :rotfl: but no, nobody will look at your boobs and really, if you saw someone else breastfeeding with scars on their boobs, would you say anything to them? "Hi you have scars on your boobs", "Yes, yes I do".. "errrrrr..." ?! I mean what can you say to that really.

I have flat nipples apparently, I didn't even know or think anything of my nipples until the midwives told me in the hospital. I use avent nipple shields but was at one point going to try the nipplette but I didn't need to. It cost more and I wanted to try the cheaper option first, and the shields work fine for me.

product-54851.jpg

I use them most times I feed as can only really take them off halfway through a feed once I'm pointy enough to feed without them, if that makes sense. I think the same though, that people are probably looking at me wondering why I have plastic attachments on me to feed, but I don't care - it does the job and I can feed my baby. In reality though nobody is looking at me and no-one cares :D

Good luck with it all, and the midwives should be able to help if we can't. They've seen everything before so don't be embarrased to talk to them, most of them just want to help. Persevere and you'll get there. My midwife in hospital said she has inverted nipples and breastfed all 4 of her children, so it can be done.

x

Hey, i had "flat" nipples, but during pregnancy they came to life, and i hve now fed my bam for almost 12 months... so it is possible...

I wouldnt be too worried about ur scars.. it wont be the first time the MW's see em, and certainly wont be the last... and they'll have seen much worse, they wont care about scars, al they are interested in is mummy and baby being happy :hug:

But when ur feeding out and about, its HIGHLY unlikely that people will see ur boobs, you'll develop a knack of feeding so people usually cant even tell ur feeding :D

Haven't any experience of inverted nips But just wanted to say that the others are right about people not seeing anything.
I'm an E cup normally but when I look at photo's of me breastfeeding James it's not even obvious that I'm doing it, and you can't see anything at all, the baby's head gets in the way.
People will be much more embarrassed about looking at you than you will be of them! :hug: :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back