Does anyone have inverted nipples?

Spuggy

Reaction score
My nipples are inverted. Does anyone have any experience with this problem. Will they come out or does it mean I won't be able to breast feed?

I am 7 1/2 weeks and my boobs aren't sore. Perhaps this has something to do with it.

Have they always been inverted? I'm not 100% sure on being able to breastfeed hun, bring it up with your mw x

i don't but . . . i used to work for boots the chemist when i was at uni and i always remember a product they sold for pregnant ladies with inverted nipples. it's kind of a sucky thing yout put on the end of your nipples which sort of sucks them out???? sounds weird but i defo remember seeing it but it was about 10 years ago. could help you?

I do, one more so than the other. I tried to breast feed with my youngest and she didnt try too long as his temperature was low cos he was 4 weeks early and she wanted him warmed up and fed quickly :( I think if i'm going to try again with this one i'm definately going to try that boots thing, i've seen them. Not cheap but worth a go!

You can BF with inverted nipples. The thing to remember is it's BREAST feeding not NIPPLE feeding. The baby takes more than your nipple to feed - in fact if they dont you will end up really sore. If you have very inverted nipples there are things you can do to prepare in advance.

http://www.llli.org/FAQ/flat.html

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back