cord

mum2A&L

Reaction score
MW came round today as we are still under hospital care (when they bother to turn up! grr). They won't sign us off until Alice's cord falls off.

Just wondering how long it took other babies cords to fall off? plus what should i expect / need to do after it does fall off? im just cleaning it and keeping it dry at the moment. is it the same after, or will it look like a 'normal' belly button right away?

Surprised it isn't off yet but I only have one child to go by. I think Ryan's was about 5 days.

MW said she had a baby in her care that took 40 odd days to fall off!! hoping it won't be that long :)

could the fact we where induced at 37 weeks be the reason it is taking longer?

40 days, OMG! I don't know but I doubt that would make any difference. Horrid things aren't they.

Hi Sman Leorah was 3 weeks early and hers took near 3 weeks to fall of so maybe that is why :)

Are you using powder on it? Sorry I forgot what it's called, was a long time ago I had my last one but that dries it out.

Alfies fell off on day 3, afterwards normally theres a few scabs but they come off soon, the fist day its quite tacky but it soon heals hun

im not putting anything on it. just keeping it clean and dry. ive asked MW and she said they don't suggest putting anything on it. just to contact them if it starts to smell or go funny.

its rubbing against her belly a bit. Not broken the skin, but i tend to tape a cotton pad to her belly to stop it rubbing too much.

I'd ask the doctor for some powder, I wish I remember what it was called, my mum bought it over the counter for me and it dries it up in no time. Annoying when it gets caught on the top of the nappy.

i needto pop to the chemist tomorrow so i will ask if they know what it is.

Hi Sam,

Jacob's cord took about 7 days to fall off and he was 6 weeks early so I guess every baby is different. Has it turned black yet?

We got powder from th ehospital it's called - CX Powder - Antiseptic dusting powder plus Alcotip swabs - I still have heaps left hence why I remember!

S. xx

Jamies came off a couple of days after we left hospital, i still have it wrapped up in a babywipe lmao!!! i know, im disgusting!!! :oops: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Aimees took a few weeks to fall off. She was born late but had a really big wide cord and it really stunk for ages before it fell off. Not very nice!

It fell off yesterday! :dance:

i was folding her nappies down to keep it out of the nappy. do i still need to do that?

just for a few days hun untill its fully healed :cheer: bless her bet you feel better now dont you i did when it came off

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back