Contreception question

plus i don't want it to mess with my periods!!! There to exact!!

I'd prob go for the pill then kylie. You know when your due on and it's not in your system for long.
I agree that condoms are a proper passion killer!

this sounds soooo silly but do you take the pill everyday or not? x

You take it everyday for 21 days then have a 7 day break which is when you get your AF.
I think there's other pill's where you don't have breaks too x.

or if you think you might forget to take the pill every day there is the patch. Im using that. You change it once a week, and then have the 4th week off when you have a period.

I got the coil fitted after I had my son, was about 6months after. I was on the pill before that, resulting in my wee one, so I wanted something different that wasn't going to effect my hormones etc.
I had the coil in for 4yrs, regular periods, like clockwork, then that failed me about a month before it was due to get changed and cos I had to get it removed to continue the pregnancy, It caused a miscarriage.

I'm not on anything now in the hope to fall pregnant.....and still waiting.
. I seem to fall pregnant easier when on a source of contraception lol.

Speak to your doc and discuss it with them, they can give u more advice too. X

I had the copper coil fitted in November as that doesn't have any hormones in it, figured it was worth a try before considering the mirena or implant.... it acts as an irritant stopping implantation, and can be removed at any time...

Haha you may laugh but we used the withdrawl method for the first 5 years of our relationship. It worked so well for us and I only fell pregnant after we made a conscious decision not to ''withdraw' lmao. We are now using condoms because I am far more wary of falling pregnant now with having a 9 week old! I hate the thought of taking hormones which mess with my cycle. I am thinking about the coil now but we want to try for another baby next year, will they take it out when I want? I always think with these things you trust that they are working and you only find out they ARENT working when you get a positive!

Last edited:
They told me that I could get it taken out at any time... at the end of the day if you pitch up and say you want the coil removed they can hardly say no!! just tell them that it is the end of next year ylou are thinking off TTC :flower:

im in a few minds about having the coil or not, think it might be the best option! i had the implant and put on 2 stone within 3 months of having it, felt wierd the whole time i was on it and bled all the flipping time so gave it up just after a year of having it, just had baby lol and now its either the pill or coil, but coil sounds like the best option to be fair! x

im not using anything other than waterproof coats he he!! Mind u cant say I feel all that attractive at the moment so sex is so far from my mind!

my only problem with the coil was i could literally feel it, and so could OH, i was only 19 when they put it in, and after i had it taken out was told it was very unusual to put it in some1 who hadnt had kids cos it was really painful to be put in, obviously now ive had a baby, its not that painful, more so than a smear but not completly unbareable,

allthough im back on the pill (cerazette) and have been for the last 5 weeks, its literally turned me into a achy monster, so back off to the docs on monday to change to a different one, and to be honest, i dont wana fall pregnant again just yet cos i wana watch her grow up, but i think im just going to use passion killer condoms, we are planning to start ttc from september anyway, and it took me a year to get the pill out of my system b4 i fell preggers this time!

xxx

my only problem with the coil was i could literally feel it, and so could OH, i was only 19 when they put it in, and after i had it taken out was told it was very unusual to put it in some1 who hadnt had kids cos it was really painful to be put in, obviously now ive had a baby, its not that painful, more so than a smear but not completly unbareable,

allthough im back on the pill (cerazette) and have been for the last 5 weeks, its literally turned me into a achy monster, so back off to the docs on monday to change to a different one, and to be honest, i dont wana fall pregnant again just yet cos i wana watch her grow up, but i think im just going to use passion killer condoms, we are planning to start ttc from september anyway, and it took me a year to get the pill out of my system b4 i fell preggers this time!

xxx

so envious of u ttc this year i want another already but think it will be a good few years even if i can persuade dh

if i told OH lets ttc he'd say lets do it but im soo not ready. I want to enjoy Jack first and go through the stages so im prepared next time! Well done to you though Amy for carrying on :D hope you conceive :) x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back