Contreception question

fairydust1984

Reaction score
Hi

I was on the pill before olly but am a bit reluctant to go back on as it made me put on weight be moody and low sex drive , my main concern is weight as 3 weeks after having olly I am back to the weight I was when married 4 years ago yippie anyone use implant coil or other advice would be brill x

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

I've got the coil fitted. Apart from having a pregnancy scare a couple of weeks ago (had a positive but then 3 negative's straight after so think it was a dodgy test) the coil's been fine for me. It takes 2 mins to fit and it's there for 5 years and after afew months your periods stop!

i had implanon and i hate it. had it in the middle of november and and i've only had 3 weeks without bleeding. im going insane. HOWEVER, iv heard really great things about it!! x

i had implanon and i hate it. had it in the middle of november and and i've only had 3 weeks without bleeding. im going insane. HOWEVER, iv heard really great things about it!! x

Sophie, it's because your always bleeding so you don't have sex so you can't get pregnant! Hehee ;)

thats it!! well then it works PERFECTLY!! bit of a mood killer im gonna say. however loadsa my friends have it and they have NO prolems!! was gonna think about the coil did it hurt chaz?? x

She put a clamp up my foof which they use to do smears, that was uncomfortable, then when she put it in, it felt like slight period pains but that was it. The nurse said I'll get period pain's for 48 hours but I didn't get anything. I did bleed for 3 weeks after but since then I've had 2 bleeds which was more like spotting. Theres hardly blood there!

Thanks ladies did you put any weight on with the coil?
X

I haven't lost my pregnancy weight yet but haven't put anything on since having it fitted. The only reason why I haven't lost the weight yet is cos I keep eatting crap! If I ate normal then I would've lost weight since having it fitted. Also my skin's alot clearer!

Im using the patch and it hasnt killed my sex drive like the pill did even though its supposed to be the same hormones :confused:

I think I may try the coil then how long after will they fit it ?

They fitted mine just under 6 weeks after giving birth but do it normally after 6 weeks x.

on monday i had the depo injection which lasts three months, no side effects yet apart from a throbbing buttock (they inject u in the bum) im hoping for no side effects but drawback of the injection is if i do get any they cant do sweet f a until the injection wears off as no antidote!

ive got the implant and i dont know if its the cause but i cant loose any weight even tho im so much better with my diet then ever before..

^^ so many people say this, it really put me off :hug:

for sure....you find it difficult to lose weight cos i was thinking the same! omg im so peed off with it! its been the worst thing in the world! might just get it removed.....honestly iv had a 5 week period, stop for 10 days and then a period, none for a week and now im back to a 4 week period! x

for sure....you find it difficult to lose weight cos i was thinking the same! omg im so peed off with it! its been the worst thing in the world! might just get it removed.....honestly iv had a 5 week period, stop for 10 days and then a period, none for a week and now im back to a 4 week period! x

you are not selling this one to me think i will stay well clear lol will they just take it out though or do you have to keep it in for a minimum time period?

x

I was meant to have the implant fitted 3 weeks ago But due to family medical history they sent me away with the pill and told me to think about it more! the pill has killed my sex drive completely so Im goin to have the implant on the 14th i hope it doesn't stop me from Loosing weight x

haha sorry, yeah tbh i wouldnt go near it again. you can get it removed whenever. lie i said if it works for you it works really well. i know a couple of girls who never have periods, hasnt affected their weight n a negative way etc and when its removed your fertility is back to normal straight away! x

girls sorry to hijack but i need some advice- im back on condoms but was talking to my doc and she said there silly in a relationship. There a mood killer! And she said for people who sleep round really.

i don't know what to go with doc said consider all options. I don't want nothing to perminant that last years.

HELP!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back