coil question

Dee1985

Reaction score
any one had one? im really thinking about getting one but it all sounds to good to be true? go there they insert it and it works for up to 10yrs????

any one got any good points or bad points about the coil?

im so forgetful with the pill dont want implant or injection as i no to many people that have piled the weight on

i had it put in after i had kieron it is uncomfortable but i found it fantastic periods where a bit heavy for first 2 months but then hardly anything had it taken out 3 months before i got caught with hannah so i would say go for it

is it painfull to get put in???

the doc said i need to be on the first 2 days of my period for her to fit it. and i have just started bleeding today so need to make a quick choice and get it done tomorrow?

I am a member of the Mirena Coil fanclub Dionne!!!! :lol:

I had one fitted not long after I had my daughter, and then had it replaced when needed. The Mirena releases hormones slowly directly into you and this therefore runs out after 5 years and so you need to have it changed.

I wouldn't say it is painful having it fitted. It's a little more uncomfortable than a smear, but not much. I then usually have mild period type cramps for a day afterwards. But it is definitely worth it.

iv never had a smear lol

think i might get one though.

no bad things about it then really??

My mum got pregnant with my sister whilst she had the coil. But that was 13 years ago so expect they've come on since then :)

dionne said:
Alicebabe said:
dionne said:
iv never had a smear lol

GET ONE!

dont have them till your 25 here, weather you hve had children or not

Thats abit strange
In my are we have them from the age of 18 then every 3 years or if you have a baby.
it's always best to get one regually I'd make the appointment yourself if you have to. best to be safe then sorry
xSuzx

where i live you have to have one at 16 if you have had sex, 18 if not, then every 3 years

iv asked about one, but they said not till im 25 they wont give me one :?

dionne said:
iv asked about one, but they said not till im 25 they wont give me one :?

That's horrendous! I've had 4 (had period probs when I was younger so I think that's why I've had a few). Also they wrote to me a few weeks after Ella was born to tell me I needed one (going to book in after this AF).

I've never had a smear either

did you get the coil then Dionne?

I've got it and it's great, I love having no periods. The only bad thing about it for me is I find sex painful in certain positions :( Someone on here told me to go get it altered but I've never bothered. I just put up with it :roll:

Kim said:
where i live you have to have one at 16 if you have had sex, 18 if not, then every 3 years

thats the same here! cant believe they will not give you a smear??!! I thought it was REALLY important to have them once you start having sex.... and obviously you are if you have a baby!! :rotfl:

I am glad you started this topic Dionne as my midwife was talking about it today.... the only bad thing i have heard about them is my next door neighbour had an eptopic (SP) pregnancy with one!! but that one person in 100's.

The injection made me bleed for 6 weeks and the pill turns me into a crazy moody bitch!! :twisted: xxxxx

also Dionne a smear is like being tickled compaired to LABOUR!!!! haha :rotfl: xxx

I havent looked into it yet, i have another 4 weeks till my 6 weeks doctors appointment and they said they can do it then??!!

I dont want anything with hormones in as I go CRAZYYYYYY!!!!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

HAHA :rotfl:

xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back