Contraception

Yvonne

Reaction score
Hello Ladies,

As you all probably know i DON'T want anymore babies. (i go on about it enough)

I am going to go on contraception that stops me getting pregnant without me worrying about taking the pill everyday, but i don't know which one to go for.
My cousin is on the pill implant (in her arm) and she said she bleeds for 7 weeks at a time. The pill injection can make you put weight on i've been told and the only other ones i can think of is the coil and the Marina.

Does anyone have any suggestions on this.

Oh and my OH won't have the snip so that is definately out, unless i use 2 bricks on him in the night!!! Lol :D

Hi ya, I haven't posted for ages. I am having the IUS. I've had an IUD twice before and it's been great. The IUS is the coil that has slow release hormones that just release them to the lining of the womb so that your periods are so heavy and painful, can't remember how that works. I didn't get heavy or long painful periods with the others I had but worth a try if you have experienced that with the IUD if you had one before. I don;t even have a bloke so not sue why I am bothering but it's there and I can forget about it for when eventually I do find someone nice :)

Em xxxxxxx

I've only heard good things about the IUD's, definately worth looking into.

I was going to book an appointment for the implant but now Im not so sure? bleeding for 7 weeks at a time doesnt sound good! and I also heard you can loose your hair, although not so sure how true this is.
I also dont want to take a pill everyday becuase I am hopeless at remembering to take it! x

i had the coil between kieron and hannah and it was great nothing to remember or forget and i never had a problem

I just dont like the thought of having a coil I dont rally know why!

i became pregnant on the coil before.. just to warn you, you can be at risk of an eptopic pregnancy (sp) i just had the implant done, the bleeding will be different for every one, and its just the beginning until your body gets used to it. there is a bloody long waiting list for it, as it costs the NHS so much money just for one implant.

im one of the few that cant use the pill, fell pregnant on mini pill, and IUD, and cant stand condoms (who can lol) so this was my only option really, and it didnt hurt at all to put in, so i will keep you updated. also when you have the implant removed it increases ur chances of conceiving very quickly so, will be good when we ttc again

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back