Contractions?!

NIE

Reaction score
Hey Gemma, :wave:

Fingers crossed that this is it. It sounds like it could be. :pray:

I've never had BH either so I don't really know what they feel like. All I know is that the real thing is much more painful and they get closer together.

Hope this is it for you and you finally get to meet your little diva. xx

Best of luck. :hug:

I really hope this is it for you. Keep up and about to keep the babys head pressure on the cervix. Good luck, keep us informed. Who's your text buddy? Send me a pm if you need one.

Take care

Alfie
xxxx

ooh i'm so excited!!!! They're getting closer together so this sounds like it might be it!! You ok? ready?? Got your bag, notes and carseat in the car??? I'll be thinking of you.

:hug:

oh how exciting... i really hope this is it for you.. sounded exactly how i started so i have my fingers crossed. I found if i rested mine became irregular but as soon as i started pottering around doing things and walking they came stronger etc.. :hug: :hug:

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you - it does sound like the real deal. :D

CalamityGem said:
Now I've not had one for 14 minutes!!!!! :roll: :roll:

So they're not regular... does this matter?

right when mine started for the whole day i was getting them and they changed between 20 mins, 15 mins down to 7 back up to 15 etc etc all day till about 5pm then i went to hospital and they came loads more regular then.

so try not to worry if they are not totally on time and stuff cos sometimes thats not the way if your in early stages.

fingers crossed for you :hug:

my contractions were never regular hun... it's one of the reasons why the mw said I definitely wasn't in labour because they weren't regular. And I certainly was in labour... my body just did things differently.. :lol:

I'd had BH's throughout my pregnancy, and they can be easily confused with the baby moving into an awkward position because they feel odd but don't hurt.. but contractions "HURT".. plain and simple.

Don't let sites tell you they are not contractions because not every labour goes by the book... Although it might not be the start of your labour, its sounds like your body is definitely preparing to go into labour.. effacing and thining your cervix so hopefully if you do unfortunately make it to Tuesday, you will have an easier induction because your body has done the first bit for you. :D

But as you said earlier,.. at least all this waiting means you welcome labour as a sweet release... :rotfl: I certainly did...

Hi Gemma I hope this is it for you now and hopefully soon you will be holding your little one. Good luck hun! :hug: xxxxxx

Oh hopefully this is it, best of luck hun :hug:

If you're at the stage where you're 'stop starting' I would recommend a really brisk walk, or a slightly hurries waddle, which is reality what us ladies tend to do at this stage, up a hill. Nothing silly, don't exert yourself, but I reckon a walk like this in the morning or afternoon could see results in the evening??!

Worked for me with number two, who was 6 days late, although I didn't know my dates.

GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!

ummm...don't know how you'll feel about this suggestion but a friend of mine made herself orgasm to kick off labour :eek: ...she said it worked like a charm! Good luck and I hope you feel that relief soon :)

jewel32 said:
ummm...don't know how you'll feel about this suggestion but a friend of mine made herself orgasm to kick off labour :eek: ...she said it worked like a charm! Good luck and I hope you feel that relief soon :)

Given that information forget my idea completely and go lay on your bed!!!! Sheesh... you mean if I'd made myself c*m all afternoon I needn't have walked up that hill five years ago? DAMN!!!!

:shock: The next two weeks of my pregnancy are looking up :dance:

lol @ valleygirl.. ur reply made me giggle...

Has anyone heard anything yet.. Leckershell?? :hug:

good luck- hope things are progressing well by now :pray: :hug:

Oooooo i do hope this is the start for you.
good luck hun :hug: :hug:

Ooh good luck, hope it's the start of something. :hug: :hug:

sorry been offline!

ok, I had a text at 16:39 basically saying what she started this thread with.. contractions since 7am, about 12 minutes apart, and she had just had a show when she texted. she called the hospital who told her to stay home because she's coping alright. said she feels like it'll be a while yet...

sorry for not posting sooner, had a driving lesson and i've been eating solidly since i've come home (not feeling too well :(). i'm usually on here a lot during the week so next text i get I'll be able to update as soon as I get it :)

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back