Confused

Flo

Reaction score
Hi I'm new here. Bit of a long story
I was on the depo injection for one year. Stopped in July had a bit of bleeding then started the pill. Since being on the pill I had no periods. I stopped taking it 4and a half weeks ago. I did forget to take it a few home hence the worry.

I've had quite a few symptoms such as back ache , extreme tiredness , feeling sick , and worst of all ver very painful breasts. I never had any symptoms like this when I had periods. I rang NHS and the lady basically said that I should of come on by now , said to do a test although could be a false negative as no idea of conception date (if I am pregnant). I haven done a test but keep getting sligh tummy cramps no proper ones though. I feel terrible and am very emotional all the time have done a lot of crying basically.
Sorry for the long story but need some help

Thank you

Not everyone gets periods on the pill.. or any type of contraception. Every body is different.
I was on the Depo injection for 2 years... came off this year and went on the pill.. I'd been getting periods, here, there and every where... sometimes I didnt even get one.
Don't panic, take a pregnancy test and then decide where you want to go from there.
Best of luck x

I knew I probably wouldn't have periods. But why haven't I had anything since I came of it ? I feel pregnant if that makes sense. Feel like it's all in my head

coming off of the Depo can sometimes take your body about 6-12months to get back to its usual cycle. So it can be harder to concieve. You could be pregnant though, that is defioinitely NOT out of the question. Take a test, if negative and still nothing then go to the doctors!

Let me know how you get on!

x

Am going to ring the doctors need to know this week as it's my mums wedding on Friday so will probably drink and obviously don't want to drink if there is a little baby. Just very emotional and scared ATM. Keep crying

Hi hun, i understand how you feel.

Long story short, i was on depo for 9 months. It took me 5 months to get any kind of Af and now they're still very irregular.

In july i bled for 19 daya and sept i bled for 23, my gp saw me and took bloods etc, but basically said it was down to the depo.

Also, if it helps, after depo/pill, you can get alot of pregnancy symptoms even if you are not. It;s all confusing and stressful :(

Do a test and put your mind at ease hun!

xxx

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back