confused!

gscott50

Reaction score
ok so I went and got a First Response like all you girls told me to do (as im not actually due on AF until Friday so it would be 6 days before im due)
So I done the deed and peed on the stick and what do you know...a very very faint line popped up alongside the other pink line... I showed it to my brothers girlfriend but she couldnt see it, I swear I wasnt imagining it!!
Now when I look at it its gone!!
I am going to do another one in the morning for my first wee of the day (tmi!)
Has this happened to anyone before?

It's never happened to me but fx it was a dud test and you get your bfp tomorrow xx

Well ive done two tests and the same has happened with First Response, but then I used a Clearblue Plus earlier and when the urine was passing through, it showed a positive and then as soon as it finished the test it disappeared? Is this normal and does this mean that its a negative? x
Also, I spoke to my Doctors today and she said that it could be due to my pill (even though ive bee on it for 6 years!) so she said just to wait until my period is due this weekend!! GRRRR x

How strange, not heard of that myself , but I never looked while waiting the time for the test to finish, couldn't bear the thought of a BFN!

The FR ones are actually 5 days before even tho the box says 6 days , as it counts the day period arrives as one I seem to remember it saying on instructions, so your at early days , so hang in there, good luck fokr your next test for a BFP

oh good luck and the doctor knows that when you have LH & HCG hormones in your body they are both very similar hormones they are twins, except for the fact that the pregnancy hormone (HCG) wears a hat (this is just how it was explained to me they are that similar). Tests show the presence of the hormone with "the hat" (HCG) NOT LH and the pill does not contain HCG either.

If you got a faint line on a FResp then I would say its a positive unless you are trying to read out of time, clear blue arent as sensitive as the FR's.

Good luck hunni let us know xxx

wow thats a bit strange dear. why not consult an OBGYNE. Anyway just make sure no other liquid mixes on the kit. be sure its all urine...

Godbless and take care.

Last edited:
Thanks girls!
Right I done one earlier...and I got this weird wonky clear line appear next to the pink line (done a morrisons own brand one) I have no idea what this means, I think it may be a dud test?
I dont know how to upload it as I took it on my phone? x

Hi, if the line is clear then it is usually classed as negative as the test must have some colour to it to be classed as positive. I'd wait a few days and then try again. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back