confused over peoples reactions to the triple tests..

I didn't know there was a stigma to it. I chose not to have it and to be honest, I thought the midwife reacted like this was an odd thing to do. Not in a bad way, just that it was unusual. So there certainly doesn't seem to be a stigma against having it from health professionals.

I don't know, and I hope I am not talking out of turn, but could it be one-up-man-ship? Mummies trying to prove they love their babies best? "I'd never think of having the test. What sort of person would care about the results? I'm far better than that person" :rotfl: Having a blood test doesn't change how much you love your baby! And everyone I have seen discuss this on this forum has always been very supportive of other people's opinions.

Ignore anyone who makes you feel bad for decisions you make about your baby. Do what you feel. I've not even had a baby and so many people have slagged me off for intending using cloth nappies, which is just rude, especially as these people are friends and family! There are loads of other things too but I can't think of them off the top of my head.

:hug:

Thanks alot for your replies, it was interesting reading them. :D
It is perhaps unfortunate that i have come across negativity towards choosing to have it on a few occasions. My midwife never asked if i wanted it this time, i asked her and she said it was i sure as it was unlikely as im young. Im 28 so not exactly really young. Also a poor girl at my antenatel class (with my 1st) told the class how she came back high-risk and had the amnio must to some ladies disgust. She looked very upset at the reaction and i told her that i felt i too would have made that choice.

I have so much love for my little boy and my unborn child but im starting to think why do i have the tests done as im going to be honest and say im not sure what id do if my child had any defects. Id love to say id be fine like many people do but i honestly dont know what id do till i were in the situation.

or perhaps im wayyy overthinking this!

Thanks again.xx :D

i found the opposite, when i told people i wasnt having the test they just looked at me and said oh? was a bit annoyed. in my area the test for downs syndrome isnt down now. they tell by the 12 scan instead.

I didnt have it done with hannah because on the day i was ment to go, i couldnt be arsed. lmao.

I had it done with this baby because the midwife seemed much more serious and siad i should get it done. :|

I chose not to have it done. My husband wanted it, but I refused and in the end he understood why. if it had been positive, it's not something i wanted to have to deal with at that stage of the pregnany. i'm quite a worrier and sensitive person, it would have been on my mind 24/7. however I totally respect mothers who choose to have it done, it's perfectly normal to want to know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back