Sooo Angry!

babyroo

Reaction score
:evil: :evil: :evil:

I went to the Hospital at 9:00am for my GTT test and did'nt have it because I'm not far enough on in my pregnancy. (I'm 19wks 4days and should be in between 24wk-28wk to have the test).They booked all the appointments for me and completely trusted them, I know last week I was puzzled because I did'nt know why I was having it then but at the hospital I go to they are always trialing new procedures etc. so I put it down to that. I'm just getting a little bit p****d off with the care I'm getting now. When I went for my triple tests I was'nt on the appointment list so had to wait ages, then after that the problems with my next scan date not being sent when they said it should've .
I'm just soo angry , I hardly slept last night because I'm really not good with needles and they always seem to have problems getting blood out of me.I had myself all prepared for this morning and to make my morning even better I nearly got stuck in the blooming lift, we pressed the button to go upto 1 and it did'nt move and after a couple of attempts of pressing the button to open the doors, we finally got out (thank god).
Anyway sorry for the long post and the rant.
I'm usually not the type of person to complain but I'm seriously thinking about it now.! :x

Nightmare i hope they said sorry for booking that appointment for you and making you go down there and go through all that worry for nothing!!

I would be a little mad too so don't say sorry for having a rant, that was totally out of order!

I would complain, do you live far away from the hospital ??

The midwife who was going to do the test apologised because she said it is so obviously a human error and booked me in for another appointment when I'm 24 weeks (it was'nt her who made the appointments). She made it a day convienient with us aswell and put it straight in the diary. I wanted to say something but I did'nt want to rant at her because she is going on maternity leave tommorrow herself and it was'nt her fault. I live about 20 mins from hospital which is'nt far I know but my husband had to jiggle things around at work to take me (dare'nt go by myself as I'm nearly always woozey or fainty after blood tests) as he has no deputy at the mo.

I wondered why they were sending you for that so early. I know your all upset about it and worked up (quite rightly so) but try to relax, it's not good for baby if mummy is stressing - at least that have apologised and re-scheduled the appoinment for the correct gestation etc. Another month before you have to think about going to see those nasty blood takers again!! I've been told to just walk in when it's convenient to me between 24 and 28 weeks and with an hour of drinking that lucozade stuff. I'm just pleased we don't have to queue....ring the bell and your seen straight away! :)

Sorry to read you were messed about with the appointment. It might be worth considering a complaint to the hospital or trust fund ifyou feel that strongly about it.

I think I'd be fed up too if I'd taken the day off work and made a special trip to the hospital for nothing. :wall:

so why did they book it if they knew u werent that far gone yet?

Hi

why do they make such stupid mistakes :twisted: hope they get the rest of your appointments straight. GTT is that the diabetes one?
Katrina

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back