Confused if I should get pregnant after c-section

KidsandCats

Reaction score
Okay, here's my story, please bear with me as it is a bit of a long one...

I've had a hard time TTC all my life... my two miracles are just that, miracles!

I had gotten pregnant back at the end of 2005 but it turned out to be a blighted ovulim and I had to have a D&E performed in January of 2006... I was so upset, I was so ready to be a mom and it finally looked like it had happened and it was like mother nature just made a joke.

After the D&E surgery, my doctor warned (and I mean warned, it was like he didn't want me to be pregnant) that if me and DH TTC, we WOULD get pregnant. So you know what, I did TTC and it happened, I had my beautiful daughter in November of 2006, she meant the world to me, but I know I have to thank the surgery for the chance to have her...

After changing doctors to a great one, I found why I was having such a hard time TTC, turned out I had the cancerous type of HPV and I had precancerous cells already turning into cervical cancer. She told me that even if they were removed, I was unlikely to become pregnant because of all the ph balances being out of control and basically my cervix being under that much stress...

I was heart broken but I fought really hard to try and concieve again anyway... we tried for 3 years and finally ended up on a PG board like this one and told girls my situation and they suggested Preseed. Needless to say I went straight to the website and ordered the kit and used it the first chance I got and I became pregnant with my son that very same month!!

I was estactic and I thought, well, if I can have my son this way, I can utalize this for any other children I want to have in my life. It was like my window of opportunity to finally have the family I wanted... until my son was born :(

My little boy came 2 months early and had to be delivered via c-section, was in the NICU for a week, came out and a month later was diagnosed with aspiration, and had to be put on the simply thick, then he had to be hooked to a monitor at home to watch his breathing and I was barely allowed to move him besides feeding so he didn't get the tummy time I thought he needed and his head got flat and he had to wear a helmet and then he got too heavy from the formula the doctors had prescribed him and then he lost too much weight and ugh! Now he's got asthma and had glue ear which had surgery for just two months ago so he could hear and start to speak as he's going on 3 years old and barely says a word! He may even be a touch autistic but he seems to be getting better...

Now that everything's starting to go back to normal and my son is developing better for the first time since he was born, DH and I have been discussing adding at least one more to our family before we stop... but I'm terrified of this happening again, and even after a c-section, is it even possible to have another natural birth or do I HAVE to have a c-section again? I don't want to have a child go through what my son did nor me either. So any advice would be helpful, thanks.

Sorry so long!

You don't have to have a c section again no, you have the right to choose.

If you google VBAC (vaginal birth after c section) there are lots of sites with tons of info x

Oh thanks so very much, I didn't even know about VBAC, well, maybe I did, it sounds familiar, I probably just didn't know what it stood for..

Thank you for clearing that up for me! :)

Last edited:
My youngest was born at 30 weeks, We had some struggles at the start but he's now 9 yrs old and thriving :) I had an emergency cesarean to deliver him and we were both poorly for a while.

I'm now pregnant with baby number 3 :) and am planning a normal vbac delivery.

Yep VBAC hun. I did. ;)

So sorry to hear what you've been through. It's seemingly been a rough road for your wee family. I'm glad that your DS is developing much better now and things are good.

I hope a PF member who has been through a similar situation can give you some support and advice but maybe make an appointment with your GP and talk through your concerns. They may be able to help. :hug: x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back