Confused by pregnancy results :(

Natalie1988

Reaction score
Hi everyone

I am new on here but would really like some advice.

I recently had a missed miscarriage on 15th May when I went for a 12 week scan I was told the baby had died at 8 weeks 5 days and had to have a d&c.

I had a period 6 weeks later so me and my partner started trying straight away.

I was due on this Sunday gone and did a pregnancy test the Monday morning and it was positive (clear blue test) however I went hospital today because I was suffering with stomach cramps and they told me the test came back negative and I am not pregnant. They informed me it was most likely a false pregnancy test and my hormones are still high from my miscarriage??

I'm terrified now that I am not pregnant after feeling so happy after reading the positive test on Monday. Has anybody else experienced this ? What do I do? Am I not pregnant?? Can a positive test be wrong? But how can they say my hormones are still high from miscarriage when I had a period??

Please help :(

Hi Natalie,

Really sorry to hear about your miscarriage, I had one last month and its just awful. Did you do any pregnancy tests to confirm they had gone negative after your mc? I got a negative test about 3 weeks after my D&C. I would have thought the fact you've actually had a period would mean that all the hcg would have left your system. Did the hospital do a blood test? All very strange as it sounds to me like you're pregnant.

I would keep testing, maybe buy the conception indicators ones that say how many weeks you are and if still showing positive in a week then go back. Massive good luck to you I'll keep my fingers crossed for you xxx

Sorry to hear about your miscarriage and your upset with the hospital....

defo keep testing yourself! if it's early days a more dilute urine and a not so sensitive test would show negative! and sometimes the hospitals don't leave them long enough to develop before throwing them out as negative! I really don't think you would have had your period if you still had left over hcg, but you never know I guess - bodies do do some weird things after miscarriages!

I would test again over the next few days and see if they are positive and if they get darker!

Thank you for your replies. I did another test this morning and it was positive again (clearblue test again) so I attended my doctors today for a blood test. I should have the results by Monday so fingers crossed its positive. I'm very anxious at the moment because I have been having cramps for 2 days now and slight pink discharge today. Should I be worried? :( xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back