Confused about Raspberry Leaf tea

jmw1664

Reaction score
Hi all,

Just curious whether or not to try raspberry leaf tea or not. I like the fact that it is used to strengthen the uterus in preparation for labour but knowing that it can bring on unwanted contractions or just more regular braxton hicks can be a bit scary.

Is this something to ask my Midwife about before trying or is this something that is perfectly safe to take on my own accord??

I know that it is safer to take after certain point of pregnancy etc etc but just because of the other side to it although I'm healthy and have had a great pregnancy with only a few weeks left to go should I seek advice first or is it safe to follow what I've read myself?

Are there any side affects that I really need to be aware of that any of you know that I may not have read already or come across in all the posts that I can find on here..? Am I worrying about nothing?

Thanks all

xxx

hey hun

my mw recommneded it to me last time i was pregnant (4 years ago) and started them at 37 weeks and baby came on dd with a nice quick and easy labour, but i must admit i was scared and only took one a day!! this tiime around i have started to take them at 36+4 and bottle says between 3 and 6 daily so im taking 4 a day at the moment, but will up them to the 6 after i been on them a week esp if nothing has happened by that point

its up to you what you choose to do, but by all means if ur worried speak to ur mw first :) xxx

I've been wondering about this as well - so thanks for starting this thread! I've bought the tea but don't know when to start taking it. And also, is there a difference between taking the capsules or drinking the tea? Is one better than another?

I've been wondering about this as well - so thanks for starting this thread! I've bought the tea but don't know when to start taking it. And also, is there a difference between taking the capsules or drinking the tea? Is one better than another?

not sure there is a difference to be fair!! as i bought the capsules as i cant stand tea, but the bottle says you can open the capsule and make tea with it, if prefered so assuming they both have same effect :) x

Hey ladies, my mw pretty much recommended it to me too, some people it brings contractions, but I don't believe this, I am taking it as a uterus strengthener! You can actually get it for animals too lol. Any way, I started from 34 weeks taking one a day, increasing at 36 to 2 a day then gradually increased, and as my bottle says up to 6, I am now on 6 a day for a few days. I have had no side effects what so ever, and as far as contractions, I have had about 3 bh in the last 6 weeks!! Just hoping it helps with second stage x x

My MW seemed absolutely fine about it when I asked her about it today - she said start taking it at 36 weeks and didn't mention any negatives x

My midwife said its fine awell and said it dusnt bring on contractions but stengthens the uterus 2 make contractions stronger i am gunna start at 36 weeks x

Cool, thanks for all the responses ladies. Made me feel a lot less worried about trying it. I'm going to get myself some capsules and give it a go :)

I guess any sign of side affects and I'll stop taking them. But having some reassurance there aren't really any real bad side affects at all to worry about is good to know :)

xx

Ive been taking one cup of tea since 33 weeks have now started capsules and if im perfectly honest i havnt had one braxton hicks contractions at all. Ive had very light period like feeling cramps that wud last 2 mins max had scan today nd baby is perfectly fine with very strong nd clear heartbeat so dont be worrying. Btw .. same due date :) xoxo

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back