Confessions of a secret lurker...

laracomps

Reaction score
Ok, following on from the thread earlier (shy wife) - I thought I had better introduce myself, after much nagging from my husband. I thought it was him that had posted! What are you scared of he asks? Well to be honest, I don't really know :s So here goes...

I am almost 25 and come from Essex. I am due on the 10th April with our first baby, which is a girl (I hope! You should see her wardrobe hehe).

I haven't had what I would call an 'easy' pregancy. I had hyperemesis from about 7/8 weeks and was eventually hospitalised at 12 weeks. Luckily they controlled it with tablets - though I still couldn't move off the sofa for about 3 months - thank goodness my work were very understanding.

So now I am left with the dreaded SPD, which I was pretty much guaranteed to get as I have Hypermobility Syndrome (aka Hypermobility Ehlers Danlos Syndrome). I am under consultant care because of the EDS, although she doesn't have a clue - and I had to find information for her!! Hence I am very aprehensive about seeing her again at 38 weeks.

I think thats pretty much it in a nutshell. Sorry that it took so long to introduce myself.

Hopefully I can get to know some of you before I pop.

Lara x

PS Can I persuade anyone else to come out of the woodwork?? :wave:

hey :wave: (im not in this tri, but wanted to say hello :) )

Hi hun, nice to meet you :D

We have a little fun April baby race happening as a lot of us are due in April, would you like me to add your name? :)

Everything you said up and including the SPD sounds like my pregnancy!!

Welcome to the forum!!!

kazlin said:
Hi hun, nice to meet you :D

We have a little fun April baby race happening as a lot of us are due in April, would you like me to add your name? :)

Oh yes please, sounds like fun. Wonder why April is such a popular month, my midwife has already warned me there's loads of April babies in my area too (though not as bad as May).

I have had a feeling all along that this LO will be a March baby. BUT... I'm guessing that is just wishful thinking :roll:

hello hun :wave:

welcome to the forum! Sorry to hear your pregnancy hasnt been easy :hug: :hug: I have SPD and its :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: the good news is its nearly over and we'll have our babies VERY soon :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

xxx

Added you to the April race. By the way you share your due date with sazzylou :D

Hiya hun :wave: :wave: Well done for posting :D

Sounds like you've had a rough time of it so far, I hope the rest of your pregnancy goes a bit more smoothly.
Not long to go now! :cheer: :cheer:

Hello!!!!! Nice to meet you :) We're not very scary :) promise!
I'm having a girl too and i've bought her far too many clothes... and shoes. Hehe. I think i'm making up for the fact my wardrobes limited at the moment! Lol.

Sorry it's been tough for you so far! Sounds like you've been through it all! My OH's family (well some of them) have hypermobility so i know a bit about it and it's not too pleasant is it!

Well done on coming out and saying hi!! Wooooo :hug: :hug: :cheer: :cheer:

Hi,

Haven't got to third tri yet (nearly) but was being nosey and thought I'd say hi. Sorry to hear you've had a bit of a nightmare pregnancy.

One of my best friends is also due on the 10th April - she's having a little girl and it's her second.

Hello and welcome :wave:

So glad you decided to post, we are all very friendly :D

Nice to meet you, its much more fun being a poster then a lurker! welcome to the forum :D

Hi hunny :wave:
welcome and glad you have finaly joined us
sorry to hear your pregnancy has not been plane sailing and i hope the rest is easier on you
congratulations on your pregnancy :dance:

a warm welcome to tri3 :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :wave:

:wave: :wave: :wave:
Hello! It is lovely you decided to come along and say 'hi'!
It does sound like you have had a bit of a rough pregnancy, I hope you are ok. :hug:
Not long to go now, I'll race you!! :cheer:

Helllooooooooo! :wave:

You are very brave finally joining us; we're all nutters after all! :rotfl:

I am also having a little girl in April (on the 26th) and we have SOOOO many pink clothes (from friends etc) that she really had better be a girl or he'll be wearing pink.

Sorry to hear you're having a bad time with your SPD :evil:

Hope to see more of you on the boards soon :hug:

Hello :wave: great to meet you :hug:

I'm louise and I'm mum to 2 year old Isaac. I've been using the forum from when I was very first pregnant.

You're in good hands, eveyone here is great. Oh and you're probably wondering what I'm doing in this section :think: Its the most exciting place on the forum and where all the waters break and contractions start :lol:

x

hello! :wave: you're due a couple of days after me :cheer:

Hi Chick...welcome to the forum :wave: :wave:
Glad you decided to join us. Hope the rest of your pregnancy goes a bit smoother. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back