Bloody Midwives!

nik106

Reaction score
I have a mostly good midwife - she can be pretty blase about things, i have Ehlers Danlos Syndrome, which means that my skin/ligaments etc has the wrong type of collagen in it, causing me to be double jointed with an inability to heal correctly. Consquently, cuts take forever to heal on me operation scars not only take a long time but stretch out unbelievably. Everyone who has it responds differently in pregnancy, but risks that can be involved for the type i have are: higher chance of bleeding with more difficulty stopping it, stupid scarring if i need stitches, membranes ruptering early (not that this is an issue anymore) and severe SPD. My midwife is pretty dismissive of it, but other than that she's been great about everything.

My due date is this Sat, (27th Aug) and my brother is getting married on Sat 10th Sept when i'm exactly 42 weeks, the wedding isn't local. I had a chat with her about sweeps and inductions and she said she would work round the wedding and do things slightly earlier so i could still go as normally its done at 40 weeks, 41 weeks with induction at 42 weeks. She's gone on holiday but i was expecting to get a sweep today at 39+4 as the next possible appointment i can have at the surgery is 40+4.

Except the one filling in for her refused to do it. She's booked in to come and see me on Saturday morning to do it. The plan of action is now:

a sweep Sat 27th
a sweep Sat 3rd - with my regular midwife who is on holiday until Mon 5th
an induction Fri 9th

No other appointments have been scheduled, not even a check up in the middle of the sweeps - which i thought happened, especially as my midwife won't actually be around to do the second one! The day before the wedding isn't exactly working round it is it?

Really sorry to hear that and so bloody typical of them though :wall2: hugzzzz xxxx

Thanks... why did mine have to go on holiday now??

can you ask to see a different midwife, as the one you have now is not respecting your wishes, or the plan your normal midwife made with you?

I don't know if i can change.... Well, i was booked in for her to come and do the sweep between 9am - 12pm. At 12.30pm my OH rang her just to see if she was ok finding our house as some people get lost (theres two parts to our road) And....

She's running behind, she's had a few difficult people to see, a few people who've had their babies already and still has 8 people to see before she can get to me. She doesn't know what time she'd be able to make it, but probably not til late afternoon/early evening. We're supposed to be going out at 5 so she's apparently going to come tomorrow. I'm seriously p'd off! Not only was she not even going to tell us she was running this late but this is the second time she's postponed it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back