• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Conceiving naturally at 47

jenedwards

Reaction score
I have just joined this forum and would like to hear from anyone who has concieved naturally at 47 or older.

Due to a tragic event in our lives we have decided to try for another baby, my last pregancy was in 1992 when I was 32.

I have looked up information on conceiving naturally at 47 and it does seem quite rare that a) the pregancy goes full term and b) the foetus is healthy.

Any comments would be most welcome.

I dont have any advise/know anything about this, but i just wanted to say good luck! :hug:

Welcome to the forum Jen. Sorry to hear you've had a tragedy. :hug:

I'm afraid I don't know much about the chances of conceiving naturally at 47, but I do have a friend who had her first child at 44. She had been trying for years, with several rounds of failed IVF behind her, gave up the idea of a family, and within two months was pregnant. She now has a healthy five year old.

I had no idea at the time how old she was to be honest, I only found out later.

I know another lady who concieved for the first time at 41.

Both the pregnancies were text book and the children are happy and healthy.

Good luck in your quest!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnastasiaKh
Back