Coming to the end of pregnancy......

flexilexi394

Reaction score
How is everyone finding the last month of pregnancy? (month or so anyway)

I'm starting to feel lots of funny pressures and stuff in the lower region lol it's all very exciting!

I started to feel anxious as I was having vivid dreams of both labour and baby stuff, which made me feel really strange, like the reality hasn't hit me yet, but I think it's sinking in now.

One teeny weeny concern I have is I measured 29cms at my 32 week appointment, which means when I measured 28cms at my 30 week appointment I've only grown 1 cm. And my bump really is tiny, and it doesn't look any bigger than it did a few weeks ago. I feel plenty of movement and stuff, and I half expected my midwife to pick up on this sort of thing, but she kind of brushes things off and she calls me a "boring" pregnant lady as my pregnancy has been really going well and test results are all very ok and whatever. I just can't help but think she's a little small in there! I know it can be wrong and she could still be a biggun, I guess I wot know til she's born, but I can't help but be a little concerned.

Please tell me how you all are!! Xxx

Ur lucky to b have a small bump,last appt I was measurin 39 weeks! I'm completely fed up at the mo,just can't wait for Xmas to b over so I can look forward to the birth. I can't reach my feet anymore which makes gettin dressed v interestin,my muscles ache,I can't sleep and I just want my body back xxx

My friend had the same around 32 weeks - she didn't increase in cms between 2 appointments so they sent her for a growth scan and everything was spot on. Perhaps at your next appt, push for a scan if you're still worried...?

Did I read somewhere before that you're a Personal Trainer/Fitness Instructor?

If yes, it's quite possible that where (I assume) you have very strong abdominal muscles, the bump is kept quite 'tidy'....
Does it feel more like your hips are wider and your bum a bit bigger?

Hope all is going well though hun.

Lxx

Don't worry about bump measurements and baby's growth as at 40 weeks I was measured at 33cm which meant I'd lost a couple of cm but he was 8lb when he was born 6 days later! There's loads to take into account such as your height, torso length etc as a 5ft 3 lady will most likely measure bigger than a 5ft 9 lady (assuming their babies weigh exactly the same, are the same size etc). Hope this makes sense x

I wouldnt worry at all hun.
My bump isnt small i dont think, but yet at mw appointments at 29 weeks i measured small, and then at 31 weeks i measured small again, but then i went to hospital at 31 1/2 weeks and they measured me and i was way over the scale! lol
and then after measuring small I had a scan at shes already roughly 4lb 3oz and that was at 31+3 weeks.

The mw said its not very acurate anyway as if the babys laying right to the back of you then youll measure small and when she pops out then ull measure bigger.
I think measureings alod of bollox tbh lol

:hug:

Last edited:
Yeah I did wonder if the measuring thing may not matter as much as everyones different I guess!!

I am a personal trainer indeed, my thighs and hips are wider than my bump which gives the appearance that I am smaller bumped maybe, so may not be so bad! Just be interested to see how much she weighs when I have her x

Yeah I did wonder if the measuring thing may not matter as much as everyones different I guess!!

I am a personal trainer indeed, my thighs and hips are wider than my bump which gives the appearance that I am smaller bumped maybe, so may not be so bad! Just be interested to see how much she weighs when I have her x

I think I've got a small bump, compared to the girls in my NCT class. Just looked at my notes and I was 28 cm at 29 weeks. That was my last appointment, the next is in 2 and half weeks, so will see how big I am then!

I'm not too bad generally. My temp started last week, so work has been a lot easier! But being comfortable is impossible, home, work or anywhere!!

Good to know everyones doing ok!
Going to put my cot up this week :D an I cannot wait to do that! Will organise all babies stuff properly and have everything ready for the big day I guess, then at least it's done! Bring on Xmas and new year! X

I was measured yesterday and I don't know how big my bump is but she said 3cm either way would not be a concern and I guess that's almost a months growth isn't it!

I have been getting the pressures in my lady bits and now and again get my full bump hardening and then loosening (not just when i've had sex), is this a sign of things coming sooner than thought??

Also, I have noticed you all talking about MW measuring your bumps, my MW has never measured mine, when do they usually start doing that? x

marianne tightnings are perfectly normal and are just braxton hix (practice contractions), aslong as they dont start to become reuglar or very painful then there fine and normal.
i also get the pressure too hun as i said in your thread its just baby getting ready :)

Last edited:
Your getting towards the end now Lexi, how exciting !

I am getting alot more pressure down below, and seem to live in the loo!
If I go to the loo, then brush my teath, the sounds of the running water makes me run back to the loo and It's not like I then didn't need it again, so seem to be weeing for england! (trying to do washing up is a nightmare!) think my pelvic floor muscles have taken a bashing over the years , and Devon is bouncing on them!!)

I feel far more pregnant than I did with my others, maybee it's my age this time! ha ha
My bump was small and now has put on a spurt now, and I am trying to eat healthly as from last week - I am hungry all the time now! Stocking up on low fat yoghurts and apples to grab.

Can't believe I'm gonna have a baby in 4 weeks and a few days time.

Hi i'm fairly small, ppl dont believe me when I tell them how far on I am. I'm ready for him to come now, I want my body back now, im soooo uncomfortable n sore from the kicking. I cant sleep n just cant get comfy, oh n cant breath v well either winge winge ha ha xxx Im sure i'll get over it once he's here xx

Yeah bidsy I feel the same, people just say "wait til you've had the baby then you'll have something to moan about" but I'm quite looking forward to having my body back and feeling like I can lay how I want and stuff! Lol!

God jj it's gone quick hasn't it!? Madness. Cannot wait. Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back