34 week MW appointment

ShadowWolf

Reaction score
Well, had all the usual pokes and prods, everything usually fine but today everything that could be wrong seemed to be! My blood pressure is high and I have +1 protein in my urine. She's sent it off to be tested for infections but is also concerned about pre eclampsia as I have had headaches and increased heartburn that doesn't shift with gaviscon so I have to back in a week with another sample to see if it's settled down or increased.

She measured me and I'm still a good size but baby is facing the wrong way and she had real trouble finding HB. It was fine though when she did find it. Also baby is head down and slightly engaged in my pelvis which is nice to know.

Also she's booking me an appointment at the hospital at 38 weeks to be assessed for induction due to my SPD. I'm still hoping baby will be here by then though.

For some reason I feel really low and I feel like baby is still such a long time away. My lower stomach is in agony after being poked and baby has been kicking the crap outta me. Feels like she's really pressing down now and it's making me hurt.

Feels like the longest month of my life. :(

Xxxxxx

at least your baby is healthy :) really hope its not pre eclampsia though and all that annoying stuff. by 34 weeks im gonna be sooo fed up i know it x

:hug: Poor you, she'll be worth it when she's here though! Not long now :)

Sorry it didn't go to great hun, chin up not much longer xx

With DS I had pre-eclampsia at 33 weeks. I was admitted for a week to do a 24hour urine collection and have steroid injections to mature his lungs just in case but everything settled down and he arrived on his due date! I had weekly check ups with the nurse at the docs and weekly midwife as well to make sure everything was okay and there is a risk it will happen again with this little one but will wait and see.
Try not to stress as it will affect your blood pressure and if you are admitted for observation at any stage its not a bad thing cos I got to know the staff on the ward and the routines so wasnt such a shock when I did have little one.
Relax and hope the 38 week appointment brings you good news *crosses fingers*

Huni hope you feel better soon - I think you get appointments like that now and again but the little one is healthy and doing well so thats the main thing! Keep us informed about how you get on and sure if your down post a Thread and we,ll try and cheer you up ! Have a good nites rest xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back