Advice for a bloke re: birthday!

rocksyroberts

Reaction score
Hi Mums-to-be,
It's my wife's birthday in a couple of weeks, and I'd like to get her loads of stuff she's going to need for her pregnancy.
She's 12 weeks at the moment, so she's got pretty much the whole of her pregnancy still to come, and I was wondering if anyone could tell me what sort of stuff she might need along the way?
I've looked at a few websites, and I really could just buy up everything there is on the market for pregnant women, but that'd be a bit of a waste if she doesn't use half of it!
I know every woman is different, but just some general ideas would be greatly appreciated. I've already got her some Clarins stretch mark stuff, but I'm all out of ideas now!!
Thanks!
:D

ps, yes, Rocksy is a weird name for a bloke... it's my dog's name!

My hubby bought me a pregnancy massage at my local day spa, it was bliss. Had it when I was 30 weeks so was ready for it by then. Maybe a facial also would be a great idea, anything to pamper her really.

How about a book? I would recommend Jo frost (supernanny) Confident Baby Care - Very practical advice on how to feel confident in the choices and decisions we make as parents.

If you want a book on pregnancy then look for My Pregnancy Bible by Anne Deans - Very descriptive in week by week baby developments and also advice on all things pregnancy related.

As for other things, theres loads but your OH might not need them.

I would go down the pamper route, girls love that sort of stuff.

OK i don't want to put a downer on your idea (whihc of course means i am going to), if my birthday fell during my pregnancy, then i wouldn't want something for it. I wuld want something for me rather than me and the baby. generally speaking if it's practical don't get it as a birthday present

I will admit i'm a very selfish person, so if you think your OH will apprecite it then go for it.

practical ideas:
a maternity pillow (i have a 5ft lng one and love it)
maternity wear
pregnancy books/ magazines???

Sandi

P.S how about jewelery that celebrates the pregnancy?

I'd say a doppler so she can hear babys heart beat.. that's if you've not already got one. You can get them off ebay i have a angel sounds one and never had a problem with it x

rocksyroberts said:
Hi Mums-to-be,
Yes, Rocksy is a weird name for a bloke... it's my dog's name!

Thats the same name as my cat but spelled Roxy :lol:

keli said:
I'd say a doppler so she can hear babys heart beat.. that's if you've not already got one. You can get them off ebay i have a angel sounds one and never had a problem with it x

Thats a great idea, I never bothered with one myself but if I had one given as a present then I would have definitely used it.

I think a massage and pamper session is a goodie. Maybe things like having her toenails done also later on. Once you can't reach down over the bump to do things, those little we miss become so important.

I'd give anything to have hair free legs, pampered feet and toenails for the summer.

I'd not go overboard with practical things though. Maybe a picture frame? I don't know what your budget is but a silver one would be lovely for that special baby pic.

O the other thing is you could consider booking in for a 4D scan. Having a DVD and pictures of your little one in 4D later on in pregnancy would be wonderful. I'd have loved that as a present if we had known about them back then. Done from 24 weeks onwards, best at around 28 weeks, so a little while to wait but I'm sure your wife (and you) would love that as a gift.

I'd say pampering things - i.e. bubble baths and stuff (when you get bigger it's SO nice to relax in a bath, it's the only time i'm ever comfy!)

Manicure
Pedicure
Pregnancy specific treatments
a weekend away?
vouchers for clothes?

Thanks a lot for the great suggestions ladies.
I'll look into all of that stuff. :clap:

I appreciate what some of you have said about it being her birthday, and how she might not appreciate practical pregnancy stuff - especially on her last birthday as a non-mum, but I've already thought of a way around that (I hope!).
I'm taking her away for the weekend, and have bought her some non-preggers things that I know she'll love, so I'll give her those when we're away, and then maybe the pregnancy stuff in a big hamper when we get back. She's a pretty chilled out person, and extremely excited about being a mum, so I think she'll be quite chuffed to get a few things for the pregnancy.

Anyway, thanks again - really grateful for all your wise words!
:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back