Great Midwife Appointment

TaffyRose

Reaction score
Had my midwife appointment today and all was great. Got the results of my glucose test and all normal there, urine and blood pressure were also fine. She confirmed the little man was head down (although he can still turn) and bump measured 29cm, which at 29+4 was spot on. Was another relief with everyone saying how small I am. She confirmed my bump is all baby and as she was pushing and prodding he made sure he gave her a few good kicks :) At the end of it she told me everything was perfect and that my pregnancy is really boring and it would be great if I could keep it that way - believe me I intend to :) Next appointment is at 31 weeks xxx

Sounds great - that's how I'd like my next apt to go! :)

ahh glad all went well hun, now you can tell people who say your bump is small that its actually just normal size :lol: bit jel you have another app in 2 weeks tho :( no fair lol!!! xx

I know I will smuggly be telling them actually my bump is exactly the right size :) When's your next appointment hun? I have no idea how often I should be seeing the midwife she just gives me a date and I smile and nod xxx

i dont see mine now until 34 weeks :( i actually do love going to see the mw too just to hear LO's heartbeat x

glad to hear ur midwife appointment went well hun and measuring bang on for ur dates too :yay: I measured 30cm at 28+4 weeks, but I knew from the day before that Roo was actually small for his dates, more like 28 weeks :eh:

Glad ur glucose test came back clear, do u know why u had one? I didn't think everyone had them.

I have a consultant appointment on friday at 30+4, then another midwife appointment at 32+4 weeks, so every 2 weeks so far :) although I would have seen the midwife earlier if I didn't have the consultant appointment as they do all the same checks. xx

Excellent hun! Glad your pregnancy is going so well. I love going to see the midwife cos I love hearing the baby's heartbeat!!! My next appointment is 31 weeks too.

Do you get fewer appointments deedee cos it's your 2nd baby?

It's always good news when everything goes lovely and smooth. Xx

glad to hear ur midwife appointment went well hun and measuring bang on for ur dates too :yay: I measured 30cm at 28+4 weeks, but I knew from the day before that Roo was actually small for his dates, more like 28 weeks :eh:

Glad ur glucose test came back clear, do u know why u had one? I didn't think everyone had them.

I have a consultant appointment on friday at 30+4, then another midwife appointment at 32+4 weeks, so every 2 weeks so far :) although I would have seen the midwife earlier if I didn't have the consultant appointment as they do all the same checks. xx

Ah I'm sure Roo's size will be fine, one of my friends recently was told her baby was small but she was 7lb 5oz born, which I thought was a really good weight.

I only had to have a glucose test because 2 of my 1st cousins are type 1 diabetics. My blood sugars have always been a bit up and down so they did the test just in case xxx

sounds liek you had a good appintment x

I would love Roo to be around 7-8lbs, such a lovely weight. I think Roo is just measuring right for my first change of due date to the 28th June, which 3 scans related too before my nhs one changed it to the 25th. xx

Excellent hun! Glad your pregnancy is going so well. I love going to see the midwife cos I love hearing the baby's heartbeat!!! My next appointment is 31 weeks too.

Do you get fewer appointments deedee cos it's your 2nd baby?

Yeah she did say because my pregnancy with DD was straight forward with no complications and because this ones going the same way there was no need to see me regularly :( which is pants...i could have done 4wks but 6 :( grrr lol xx

That's not fair short changing you because things are going well hun. But I guess we should be thankful things are going smoothly. like you say it's so nice to here the heartbeat each time. I can't believe how close we're all getting now! There's so much excitement in tri 3 with all these babies arriving - that'll be us soon! xxx

i know its proper pants but like you say i should at least be grateful that all is going smoothly, thats the main thing! And yeah i was only thinking yesterday that all the drama of late arrivals and early arrivals, inductions and stuff will be us lot very soon :shock: i really cant believe how quickly its going :lol: xx

Glad that your appointment went well. Sounds just like mine - I had to have the GTT because of my Dad's type II diabetes, but it was fine. My bump isn't huge either and I was measuring a tiny bit under average a week ago, so I'm due another appointment next Wednesday to see if I'm back on track size-wise. Otherwise, like you, my pregnancy has been pretty drama-free and boring. No sickness, no emergencies... let's hope it stays that way for all of us and that our LOs are healthy!

And yeah, time is just racing past now and I feel completely underprepared...
xxx

Glad that your appointment went well. Sounds just like mine - I had to have the GTT because of my Dad's type II diabetes, but it was fine. My bump isn't huge either and I was measuring a tiny bit under average a week ago, so I'm due another appointment next Wednesday to see if I'm back on track size-wise. Otherwise, like you, my pregnancy has been pretty drama-free and boring. No sickness, no emergencies... let's hope it stays that way for all of us and that our LOs are healthy!

And yeah, time is just racing past now and I feel completely underprepared...
xxx

Ah glad you are also having a problem free pregnancy, I just hope it continues into labour and delivery!

I know what you mean about feeling unprepared, I was really prepared quite early on and now seem to have stalled. In a way I'm pleased I have a few bits to do over the next few weeks so hopefully I'm not just sat waiting for the baby to come xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back