How soon ovulate after coming off pill?

Penstraze

Reaction score
As title says how soon after coming off the pill til ovulation? Does it work the same as if you wernt on the pill 2 weeks from period? Why do people say your more fertile straight after coming off the pill?

Everyones different im afraid, it was 23 days before i OV'd after comming off the pill! I would BD fro 10 days after withdrawal bleed finishes as often as u can and hope for the best. Zita West does say that ure most fertile immediatly after stopping taking the pill.
Some girls take along time for the pill to leave their system and can take months before cycles become reg, others have reg 28 day cycles immediatly.
Hope thats of some help and GL TTC! :D

I had a 60 day cycle i think it was :oops: after comming off pill in August 06

Last time I came off the pill, I went straight into regular cycles and ov. This time, I am sure I ov'd 13 days after withdrawal bleed and AF arrived on day 31 so pretty regular. You should ov even if you have only come off the pill and I think people say your more fertile after coming off because you have a surge of your normal hormones.

Good luck! x

I came off the pill and caught the following month, i think it depends with each person but i have read that ovulation can take up to 3 months to return after stopping the pill. :)

Thanks everyone! I came off the pill two weeks ago yesterday because I have been having pregnancy symptoms for 3/4 months but all test bfn my doctor thinks I have become sensitive to the progesterone in the pill for some reason but am also waiting on a blood pregnancy test to be 100% sure and a test for polycystic ovary syndrome really nervous about the test results!

OH are not trying for a baby but havent been not trying for a baby properly since coming off the pill as we had thought I was pregnant and it wouldnt be a problem if I became pregnant so was just wondering when I might start to ovulate as to whether I could have concieved already or not I would quite like a baby but OH seems to be backtracking abit which could be a problem if its already too late!

Penstraze said:
Thanks everyone! I came off the pill two weeks ago yesterday because I have been having pregnancy symptoms for 3/4 months but all test bfn my doctor thinks I have become sensitive to the progesterone in the pill for some reason but am also waiting on a blood pregnancy test to be 100% sure and a test for polycystic ovary syndrome really nervous about the test results!

This is almost exactly what happened to me! I had a scan & was diagnosed with PCOS, came off the pill and was pregnant within a month! So it is possible...

everyones different hunny - although im not very clued up on when i OV i came off the pill in December 2006 and still have not caught, some people can come off the pill and get caught straight away - its pot luck hunny! :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back