Comfort nursing

PinkPunch

Reaction score
He's started to want to comfort suck every night with his last feed. I wouldn't mind a few sucks to help him sleep but it's making my nipples hurt when he's not feeding with milk.

Tried a dummy but he's so young it just falls out every 2 seconds. I never let him fall asleep on my boob when feeding, I take him of when hes sleepy so I haven't started any bad habits. He's a great sleeper the rest of the time.

Has anyone got any tips?

What dummy are you using. Drake had the orthodontic ones and they kept falling out so I got the cherry ones, it would still fall out now and then but not as much. I used to have to hold it in when he was nodding off sometimes...did the trick though.

What dummy are you using. Drake had the orthodontic ones and they kept falling out so I got the cherry ones, it would still fall out now and then but not as much. I used to have to hold it in when he was nodding off sometimes...did the trick though.

Think I bought the tommee tippee ones (clear dummies that are 0-3 months). Might get different ones then.. Are cherry ones just the round rubbery type if you know what I mean?

Yeah we had to try different dummy types too, so it's definitely worth investigating :) And I found if Lizzie has her arms free she'll knock it out of her mouth so I swaddle her with her arms in at bed time so it stays in slightly longer!

The ones with the completely round teat. Zac had a dummy for a bit and it was a nightmare putting it back in all the time, was quite happy wen he found his thumb, don't know how I'll stop him sucking it wen he is older though! Good luck xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back