noises!help

My1stBaby

Reaction score
Max is sooo loud at night when he's in his moses basket. When he falls asleep on me he's quiet as anything so a lot of the time he ends up sleeping on me all night as I know soon as I put him down the noises start. I'm still sleeping on the sofa as he's too loud to have in the bedroom with me and the OH.

So last night I left him in his basket but didn't sleep after I put him down at 4.30 til now (he's feeding again) cause I just can't fall asleep through the noises. He wakes himself up crying about every 15mins too, I just pop the dummy in his mouth n he goes back off but something needs to change here!

Amy ideas how I can make him sleep better in the basket? Maybe I should give swaddling another go?? Swaddlong isn't gonna stop the noises though.

He's silent when sleeping on me so why is there such a big difference?

Xxxxx

Maybe because he's on his back. What kind of noises? Could it be trapped wind, blocked nose, reflux do you think? x

Could it be because he's lay more upright when you're cuddling him? Some babies are really loud sleepers, E always has been! It might be as well cos he's going into a deeper sleep?:hug:

Albert sounds like a pig hunting for truffles lol. He snores, grunts and farts his way to dreamland. I only worry when he stops, I gave him a poke at 4.30 this morning cos he was quiet and hadn't woken up for his feed :shock:

Does he poo a lot?! Isaac used to poo constantly, for almost the first 3 months every nappy would have some poo in & he would grunt & wriggle all night & wake constantly. When he got to 3 months it all changed suddenly overnight! He now does one massive poo every couple of days & sleeps much better & peacefully as a result! I think the constant pooing took some effort!

Kayla was like that too drove crazy . She been bit better that last few weeks now she just does a straining grunt and the odd squeal after her 4am bottle and from about 6 till i get her up for day . Hopefully he grow out of it . Think kayla started to get better when we moved her to her cot but can't think it may have just been a coincidence

I'm such a light sleeper I have to sleep with earplugs. They block out OH's snoring and baby's grunting, but not the baby's crying, must be to do with the pitch.

we have a loud baby too, sometimes its to do with wind and poos, ive learned to sleep through it now as i'm too exhausted for it to keep me up. xx

hannah was a grunter and a squeaker and a farter!!! ha ha

it does get better.....at about 10 weeks, she just seemed to stop...then it was us waking her farting and snoring...lol

so she now in her own room and is sleeping like a dream! 6:30 to 5am last night :) x

Wow that's a long lovely sleep, did u change anything ? I'm hoping something just switches in him around that age n he'll start sleeping through but he doesn't seem to eat enough at his last feed to make him go through yet. I'm thinking of trying him in his cot, padding it all out making really comfy n make him more upright... What does everyone think? Any thing safety wise I should think about when he's in the big cot? Xxx

I've been advised against using cot bumpers when it's hot cos they restrict air flow, that's about it on the advice front lol xxxxxxx

Theo was the same in his Moses basket as well, so we put him in his cot at 4 weeks and ever since he has slept silently and from 11-6 every night! The cot is in our room though, I wouldn't want to put him in his own room yet xxx

No I'm gonna keep him in the same room as me, but I wanna pad it out so its comfy as he sleeps soundly on the sofa or on me so he obviously likes being cuddle or kept comfy and I think the moses basket looks soo uncomfy. What can I lay him on in the cot, I can lay him on layers of blankets can't I?? With cushions around him?? Xxx

since we put harry in his bigger crib rather than basket he sleeps much better and for longer. i put a fleece blanket underneath him as he seems to like it.

Wow that's a long lovely sleep, did u change anything ? I'm hoping something just switches in him around that age n he'll start sleeping through but he doesn't seem to eat enough at his last feed to make him go through yet. I'm thinking of trying him in his cot, padding it all out making really comfy n make him more upright... What does everyone think? Any thing safety wise I should think about when he's in the big cot? Xxx

just putting her in her own room has helped i think....just gradually over the weeks though she has woken at 1am for a while, then 2am, then 3, then 4 etc...

i think they just start to do this themselves...

will see what tonight brings cos she only had 3 ounces after bath instead of 6 cos she couldnt stay awake

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back