dummys

isobel84

Reaction score
we intruduced noa to the dummy 2weeks ago even tho we didnt want him to have one we felt if it calms him down its worth it.. well he dont like it :shock:
everynight i offer it when i take him of my boob ass he likes to just comfort suck in his sleep but he spits it out, i have tried to hold it there to see if he gets it cuz it seems like he is sucking it like he was feeding?

any tips on how i can get him to take it? it would be nice to just be able to put him down with out him crying n i think only reason he cries is for comfort on the boob :(

Charleys exactly the same. He's gone off his dummy the past 2 days. Instead I've been stroking his head or doing circular motions on his tummy to soothe him to sleep. I've decided I'm not gonna force him with his dummy, I'm kinda hoping he won't take to it again!

Ethan did this but with his bottle as he was FF. There was nothing that i found that would make him take it, he just wouldn't :( it was a very testing time until he found his thumb and could comfort himself! Xx

noa sucks on his hands alot when i have put him down n then hes quiet but if he dont find them hes cryin.. i dont offer the dummy any other time then nighttime cuz i dont really want him cryin himself to sleep when i know i wont cuddle him for a while! it would be nice to when he falls asleep on the boob- boob out, - dummy in without him wakin up so he can go to sleep nighttime calmly

Seb strokes his hair when he's tired so I've started doing this and patting his back (as though you're winding them) instead of his dummy as he just spits it out and I don't want him to suck his thumb. He used to comfort suck the bottle (which is why we got the dummies) but has stopped doing that now x you could try different things to try to soothe him (like stroking his hair) if he won't take the dummy x

if you have the orthodontic teats he might not like it as they aren't like the boob however the big traditional shaped teats are preferred by some babies...i know its not ideal to give them the rounded ones however he doesnt have teeth yet so it wont affect that......!! josh refused the oorthodontic ones bbut enjoys the others xx

Yeah Ross can't seem to hold the orthodontic teats in his mouth no matter how hard he sucks. He much prefers the cherry ones and really comfort him. Apparently it helps to reduce the risk of cot death too, not sure what the reasoning is behind it though.

hey, the clear picture h=is the orthodontic dummy. it has a flat teat which is sposed to be better for their teethhowever the other one has a very round teat which is a bit more reassuring for young babies and comforting!! x

Attachments

• ortho dummy.jpg
    ortho dummy.jpg
    9.1 KB · Views: 0
  • dummy.gif
    dummy.gif
    4.3 KB · Views: 24
yeah joshua loves the cherry ones. he cant work out the orthodontic ones x
xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.